The Student Room Group

Five men arrested by West Midlands anti-terror police

Five men have been arrested by West Midlands anti-terrorism police.

Police said an army bomb disposal team had been sent to Birmingham's Lee Bank area as a "precautionary measure" as a result of one of the arrests.

Two men, aged 32 and 37, were arrested in the Stoke area of Staffordshire. The other three men, aged 18, 24 and 28, were arrested in Birmingham.

Police said they were all held on suspicion of commissioning, preparing or instigating acts of terrorism.

All five men are being held in the West Midlands.

A number of properties in the Stoke and Birmingham areas are being searched as part of the investigation.

The arrests are "intelligence-led and part of an on-going investigation", police said.

*http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37199923
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

As shocking as it is that some Muslims in this country want to inflict terror on our people, let's give praise to the intelligence services who so far have prevented any large scale attack at the hands of Islamic State.
Original post by jake4198
As shocking as it is that some Muslims in this country want to inflict terror on our people, let's give praise to the intelligence services who so far have prevented any large scale attack at the hands of Islamic State.

??? where does it mention their religion :laugh:
@Alevelstress is unsurprisingly here to defend Islam again.

@jake4198 Yes, by taking away our civil liberties, yet being to cucked to publically announce the real problem. They will get no thanks from me.
Original post by The_Opinion
@Alevelstress is unsurprisingly here to defend Islam again.

@jake4198 Yes, by taking away our civil liberties, yet being to cucked to publically announce the real problem. They will get no thanks from me.

Yes, I'm defending Islam and Muslims from instantaneous bigotry - when there is nothing whatsoever in this article to suggest that they are Muslims.
Original post by alevelstresss
Yes, I'm defending Islam and Muslims from instantaneous bigotry - when there is nothing whatsoever in this article to suggest that they are Muslims.

It is called common sense along with other reports.
Original post by The_Opinion
It is called common sense along with other reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37176833

This is proof that you are dumb to make instantaneous assumptions that the suspects are Muslim

This is proof that you are dumb to make instantaneous assumptions that the suspects are Muslim

It is not proof at all, you are linking to another case in which I have made no comment before.

I bet your account that Muslims were arrested, want to match me? Or do you know that I am correct and will be too afraid to match me?
(edited 7 years ago)

I think you can make educated guesses based on geographic. Of course no certainty involved.
Original post by Slipandsquirm
I think you can make educated guesses based on geographic. Of course no certainty involved.

Exactly, no certainty. So its stupid and offensive to go around incriminating Muslims before you even know that it was Muslims...
Original post by jake4198

Hurray we only have to spend a stupid amount and forfeit our privacy

Woo
??? where does it mention their religion :laugh:

They were Hindus, I he:colone:rd
Very grateful for the amazing work our police do to prevent attacks and keep the country safe.
Still has no mention of Islam whatsoever :facepalm:
Original post by TercioOfParma
Alevelstress is a troll. He knows he can get attention by defending a religion of which people have murdered millions in the name of it.

Alevelstress isn't a troll. It's silly to assume someone is a troll based upon them disagreeing with you.

I think Alevelstress is -probably- wrong, given that this is Birmingham we're talking about. Not a lot of Northern Ireland Orangemen striking out at the Brummies and their fantastic Brumbums.

In fact, Birmingham bums are a national treasure and we are all in mourning that some villain attempted to wound this historically vital part of the English tradition.
Still has no mention of Islam whatsoever :facepalm:

a) They were arrested by anti-terror police
b) In Birmingham.

Who else would it be?

If they been IRA related the report would've said so. Coulter's Law - the longer the media takes to identify the perp, the more likely he is Muslim.
Reply 17
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Alevelstress isn't a troll.
Yes he is a troll. This has been demonstrated by his repeated use, on different threads, of arguments that have been proved as false. Not only does he keep using this tactic (presumably in the hope that if you throw enough ****, some of it will stick somewhere), but he fails to respond to posts demonstrating the flaws in his arguments (other than to call them bigots) and blocks those members who regularly do so.
Reply 18
Original post by MildredMalone
a) They were arrested by anti-terror police
b) In Birmingham.

Who else would it be?
Just because it involved anti-terror police and bonb disposal, it was in part of the predominantly Muslim Central/Eastern area of Birmingham, and police have not mentioned ethnicity/religion, and the Guardian have it tucked away halfway down their website does not mean that people should be jumping to conclusions.
If it doesn't say they are Muslim, you can't say they are Muslim. Until it has been shown that they are Muslim, keep your reply boxes empty.

Original post by TercioOfParma
Alevelstress is a troll. He knows he can get attention by defending a religion of which people have murdered millions in the name of it.

Firstly, murdering in the name of Islam doesn't mean it's Islamic. If I shout 'For TercioOfParma!' before killing someone, does that mean that you ordained it?

Secondly, when were millions murdered in the name of Islam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending