Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just got my GCSE results back and have got my place at sixth form!!!! i will be taking: english lit, history, government & politics and a psychology AS level. this will be a lot of writing. my main issue is what pen to use. i love my parker fountain pen but the ink runs out quite fast. i don't know if it would be best to continue with this pen or get a set of new biros????

does anyone have any pen brands they recommend that last long and a nice to write with???

another a-level are much appreciated ...

xx
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Showdle)
    just got my GCSE results back and have got my place at sixth form!!!! i will be taking: english lit, history, government & politics and a psychology AS level. this will be a lot of writing. my main issue is what pen to use. i love my parker fountain pen but the ink runs out quite fast. i don't know if it would be best to continue with this pen or get a set of new biros????

does anyone have any pen brands they recommend that last long and a nice to write with???

xx
    Congrats! I personally only use black Bic pens. They basically never run out, they come in packs, they write nicely and I can read what I've written properly. For some reason I really struggle to read other colours, but the black Bic pens are always my go to. They're quite comfortable to write with as well.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, whatever pen brand you decide to use, it is almost inevitable that you will lose them all. Even if you somehow keep them locked away in a cupboard for the whole year, by the time your exams arrive you will be left with one pen and possibly a pen lid if you're lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Going into sixth form next week too and I'm also taking politics and English lit alongside maths and RE! Throughout GCSE I've used the standard black ink Pentel pens. They are really so great to write with! They're inky but don't smudge and give off a very strong black without having to lean too hard. I'll definitely be using them this year!

ReputationRep:
    I already did my stationary haul, I just bought bic pens in a pack bc that's the first thing I saw. I'd say not to worry too much about it, as you'll need more as the year goes on. But if you prefer longer lasting pens instead of buying over and over, then I suggest you do that instead. (I'm also doing essay based subjects )

ReputationRep:
    cheap pens, pencils and refil pad oh and a folder thats it! - maybe a rubber and ruler if your feeling it

ReputationRep:
    papermate inkjoy are absolute life

also get lever arch files for each subject, highlighters, notepads, and a wallet for revision notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Showdle)

xx
    I always used papermate ink joy and used the coloured versions as I liked to make notes is different colours but its totally up to you. Just use which ever pens you find easiest to write with so you can make note you can revise from afterwards.
    And definitely buy lots of paper and ring binders and dividers for you folders to keep organised.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.