The Student Room Group

Are these GCSE's good enough?

I feel very dissapoited with my GCSE's and I've been crying for ages about it. I was studying really hard for them and I felt like I've done better than I really have. I got 2 A*, 6 A, 3B and 2 C . I'm really really dissapointed and mad at myself about the 2 C's especially since in class I got high A's for both in my mocks. I also want to be a doctor and study medicine, so do you think these grades will be good enough?
Original post by M12S
I feel very dissapoited with my GCSE's and I've been crying for ages about it. I was studying really hard for them and I felt like I've done better than I really have. I got 2 A*, 6 A, 3B and 2 C . I'm really really dissapointed and mad at myself about the 2 C's especially since in class I got high A's for both in my mocks. I also want to be a doctor and study medicine, so do you think these grades will be good enough?

Chill, those are really good grades! Don't forget that the grade boundaries were pretty harsh this year. Be proud of what you achieved! As for studying medicine, I really can't tell you. Entry requirements differ from course to course, uni to uni, and they change all the time. Some will be much less interested in your GCSE grades than others as well. I think you'll be okay though. You might find it useful to have a look around on TSR and see what other people have said about the same thing, and how people with similar GCSE grades to yourself got on with declaring them to unis. The really important part is your A-Level grades, so focus on them. If it comes to it, you can resit your GCSEs although it's really not worth it unless you got the lower grades in important subjects. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest