Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Been about a week since I got my results and were fairly happy considering how bad my AS went. I came out with an ABC where by B was 10ums off an A and C was 7 ums off a B. I am taking a gap year to resit some of my modules to raise my grades and I believe I can get A*A*A next year. I was wondering what would my chances be if I were to apply for imperial (assuming I bang out my PS and references were amazing). Is there anyone who had a situation like mine that got an offer(interview offer)? I want to applying for BEng Computing.

ReputationRep:
    badump

ReputationRep:
    Bump, I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking to change ACD into A*BC, except I've already been accepted by my first choice uni, though I'm taking a gap year, during which I'll do A-level re-sits. Anyone have experience backing out of an offer and re-applying to another uni with improved results? It would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HemlockTea)
    Bump, I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking to change ACD into A*BC, except I've already been accepted by my first choice uni, though I'm taking a gap year, during which I'll do A-level re-sits. Anyone have experience backing out of an offer and re-applying to another uni with improved results? It would be much appreciated.
    I have no experience for your situation but I would go ask 6th form advisor on how to deal with this. When you firmed your choice, you signed a contract saying that you will go to their uni if you get the grades. However I don't think you are on a leash and I'm sure you can withdraw from them. You could also try calling up your firm's admissions office asking to take you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyy)
    Been about a week since I got my results and were fairly happy considering how bad my AS went. I came out with an ABC where by B was 10ums off an A and C was 7 ums off a B. I am taking a gap year to resit some of my modules to raise my grades and I believe I can get A*A*A next year. I was wondering what would my chances be if I were to apply for imperial (assuming I bang out my PS and references were amazing). Is there anyone who had a situation like mine that got an offer(interview offer)? I want to applying for BEng Computing.
    Do you mean applying with A*A*A and taking a gap year, or applying with ABC and saying you will resit in your gap year? I think the latter, but I'm not sure. Unless you have persuasive reasons why you will massively improve your grades, I think you are unlikely to get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    Do you mean applying with A*A*A and taking a gap year, or applying with ABC and saying you will resit in your gap year? I think the latter, but I'm not sure. Unless you have persuasive reasons why you will massively improve your grades, I think you are unlikely to get an offer.
    Sorry, I meant to say apply with the prediction of A*A*A. I will have to do about 6 resits (it's not that I did bad in the exams but they were meh). Do you think 6 resits will be too much?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.