Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, so I opened my GCSE results and I think my grades are okay, but I'm a little disappointed as I wanted some A*s and more As and no C's. (Please don't call me ungrateful as everyone has personal goals) .

I got 3As, 5Bs and 2C's.

My parent were quite disappointed with my results and a lot of my classmates have gotten 14A*s etc and it has made me feel worse. Now I am scared I wont be able to do law at university. I really want to go to Liverpool University but I'm scared they wont accept me or give me an offer as my grades aren't as good Could I still be offered a place based on those GCSE results (obvs I understand that A-level results are important too)

I got A's in all the subjects I'm taking next year which I'm happy about Thanks anyway
    TWB

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine with those grades. They are pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theworriedbanana)
    Hey everyone, so I opened my GCSE results and I think my grades are okay, but I'm a little disappointed as I wanted some A*s and more As and no C's. (Please don't call me ungrateful as everyone has personal goals) .

I got 3As, 5Bs and 2C's.

My parent were quite disappointed with my results and a lot of my classmates have gotten 14A*s etc and it has made me feel worse. Now I am scared I wont be able to do law at university. I really want to go to Liverpool University but I'm scared they wont accept me or give me an offer as my grades aren't as good Could I still be offered a place based on those GCSE results (obvs I understand that A-level results are important too)

I got A's in all the subjects I'm taking next year which I'm happy about Thanks anyway
    TWB
    Gcses dont mean that much as long as u dont mean oxbridge/medicine. Just ace ur a levels, you'll get into 90% of unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's have very little meaning to most Universities. GCSE's are like stepping stones for getting you into college. It's the A levels which they're mainly focused on.

ReputationRep:
    Some unis specify grade B at GCSE for English and Maths, I'm not sure about Liverpool but their website should give you a good idea. Great results, though!

ReputationRep:

I got 3As, 5Bs and 2C's.

TWB
    Providing you meet the basic GCSE requirements (they'll state them on their website), and you have a good personal statement, there's definitely a chance of getting an offer. If you're doing AS levels, try to get the best grades you can in those as it could significantly help your application; if you're not, work hard on your personal statement and ensure that your predicted grades match the entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's are IRRELEVANT for university. Only Oxbridge puts weight on them.

ReputationRep:
    you're absolutely fine since I got 3A's, 7'Bs and a C in my GCSE's and got 3A's in my A-levels but managed to get in UCL this year so I'm sure you will be fine but some unis need a min of B in maths and english so check out their requirements but dont worry just concentrate on A levels

ReputationRep:
    Hi, today I received my GCSE results and I got 7A's 1B and 1D which allowed me to get into the sixth form of my choice.

However I decided to research what A-level grades would I specifically need to take certain courses at University. Many of the courses required a GCSE grade in a modern foreign language of a grade C or above but I only got a D in German. what I was wondering about is how important is the modern foreign language when I do apply for a university and if I can get in with any other qualification to prove I can speak another language (for example a level 3 course which I can take over the summer holidays)?

I also want to know if being bi-lingual helps the situation that I am in because I speak Albanian with my family at home?

Thank you for reading my post and hopefully you can answer my questions

ReputationRep:
    Yes. GCSE results are near-irrelevant. Not once have I ever been asked to explain certain results when applying for jobs or education.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! I aim to try really hard for a levsls

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, if anyone is reading this thread being in the situation that I was in... Please don't worry. I thought my GCSE grades were absolutely awful but I ended up attaining 5 offers (1 unconditional). Please don't be disheartened by your GCSEs Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, if anyone is reading this thread being in the situation that I was in... Please don't worry. I thought my GCSE grades were absolutely awful but I ended up attaining 5 offers (1 unconditional). Please don't be disheartened by your GCSEs Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread!
    Really awesome of you to come back to this thread and update people. Nice to see progression

Congratulations on your offers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.