The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2017 Entry

Welcome to the Official Exeter Applicants 2017 Entry MK I thread !!

Even if you're not applying, join in for the world class banter.

Useful threads
Ask a current student (cornwall campus)
Ask a current student on the streatham campus!

The University of Exeter is a public research university located in Exeter, South West England. The university was founded and received its Royal Charter in 1955. In post-nominals, the University of Exeter is abbreviated as Exon. (from the Latin Exoniensis), and is the suffix given to honorary and academic degrees from the university.

Exeter is a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive UK universities. The university is also a member of Universities UK, the European University Association, and the Association of Commonwealth Universities and is an accredited institution of the Association of MBAs (AMBA).

Useful links
Exeter Course by Subject
Exeter Open Day info
How to fill in UCAS application
How to choose a course - TSR article
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey all, :smile:

I'm applying for English for 2017!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by dorababy1995
Hey all, :smile:

I'm applying for English for 2017!

Best of luck :smile:. What are your AS grades? :smile:
Reply 3
Does Exeter offer any scholarships for international students?
Original post by BioOx
Does Exeter offer any scholarships for international students?

Yes, have a look here :smile:
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
Best of luck :smile:. What are your AS grades? :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Applied for Bcs geography, hoping to get AAB offer and sent my application just over a month ago. Anyone know what the average response time is?
Did anyone get an email from the uni with their offer- UCAS says i have an offer but i never got an email from the uni (ive checked my junk/clutter emails). should i have and did it say anything important???
I've applied for Psychology at Exeter but I'm so worried I won't get in because my predicted grades are AAB. In my GCSEs I got 3A*6A1B and at AS I got BBCC which was lower than I expected. Everything has gone so wrong for me this past year I feel like I've messed up my life :frown:. Hopefully Exeter give me an offer. Has anyone else gotten an offer at Exeter to do Psychology?
Original post by Anastasiav143
Did anyone get an email from the uni with their offer- UCAS says i have an offer but i never got an email from the uni (ive checked my junk/clutter emails). should i have and did it say anything important???

UCAS track has all the requirements for your offer, the letter is just a formal way of the uni personally telling you have a offer. I got an offer from one of choices 3 days before a letter came through, it could just be a delay but track is updated daily.
Original post by Esekanayo_
I've applied for Psychology at Exeter but I'm so worried I won't get in because my predicted grades are AAB. In my GCSEs I got 3A*6A1B and at AS I got BBCC which was lower than I expected. Everything has gone so wrong for me this past year I feel like I've messed up my life :frown:. Hopefully Exeter give me an offer. Has anyone else gotten an offer at Exeter to do Psychology?

I got roughly the same GCSE grades as you and my AS we're just below yours and it's not just the grades my predicted are same as you AAB that matter. Your personal statement and teacher reference also play a big role, if you meet the entry requirements then they will surely consider your application
Has anyone got an offer for Bsc mathematics? I have applied on the 11th of November and have heard nothing since. Exeter is the last university to get back to me :smile:
I'm applying for Biological Sciences... anyone else? :smile:
Original post by boyswimmer123
Has anyone got an offer for Bsc mathematics? I have applied on the 11th of November and have heard nothing since. Exeter is the last university to get back to me :smile:

Apparently they are notoriously slow at giving out offers... I applied the 1st of december and I'm still waiting!
Original post by unicornsinldn
Apparently they are notoriously slow at giving out offers... I applied the 1st of december and I'm still waiting!

Yeah, I did eventually get an offer to do maths :smile:
Reply 15
Hello! May sound slightly stupid but am i going to get an offer with predicted grades of BBC. I know that it's very far fetched but is there a chance that my personal statement and references will convince them to make me an offer?
Original post by unicornsinldn

I'm the same, applied in the back end of November, had offers from all my other 4, but still haven't heard a peep out of Exeter... :frown:
Reply 17
who think i can get into Exeter for History

GCSEs; 1 A* 1 A 4 B's 2 C's (A* In english language; their only requirement.) i was also sick this year
A level predictions: AAA
lots of work experience and killer personal statement and reference.

Quick Reply