The Student Room Group

Real problem with parental income.

I applied a bit late for student finance, 2 months ago I thought it was all done...

When it turned out my parents have sent the wrong p60 forms in and now they're requesting the proper ones. Everything else is filled in/done on my student finance forms except for my parents financial details.

If I don't get the minimum grant by the start of term I won't be able to go to university? Does SFW give you the non-income assessed amount if they do not receive the correct details in time?
Reply 1
Reply 2
They only give you the money once it's processed and they still allow applications 6 months after the course start date so they will not simply give you the minimum amount because you didn't provide information, they will wait for you to provide it. You should call and ask because they may pay the tuition loan since it's not affected by income. Also just provide the p60 ASAP. Since everything else is processed they may just take a couple of days to confirm the amount
Reply 3
Original post by Devify
They only give you the money once it's processed and they still allow applications 6 months after the course start date so they will not simply give you the minimum amount because you didn't provide information, they will wait for you to provide it. You should call and ask because they may pay the tuition loan since it's not affected by income. Also just provide the p60 ASAP. Since everything else is processed they may just take a couple of days to confirm the amount

It's looking pretty doubtful, I'll send the p60 tommorow but I'll try phone them, as much as that'll help me...

Anyone else got any experience with this?
Reply 4
Original post by Dysto
It's looking pretty doubtful, I'll send the p60 tommorow but I'll try phone them, as much as that'll help me...

Anyone else got any experience with this?

You won't get any money until after you enrol on campus at the start of your course, usually during Freshers or Induction Week. This depends on when your uni holds enrollment. Once you have enrolled, there is a delay of a few days whilst the uni confirms your attendance to SFW, then SFW releases your funding to your bank. So the funding wouldn't be with you before the start of term anyway.

If you have up-front expenses like accommodation deposit, it's normal to use savings or a student bank account overdraft to tide them over.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks for sharing this thread!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending