Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not used to attention, did she like me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm hoping some people can help me out, and I'm serious.

Basically, I haven't looked this good for around 1/2 years now but I'm 22 and still haven't done anything more than kiss girls and never really done anything sober (although those kisses weren't just chance, they were with people attracted to me).

My big problem now is college is over and uni is over, there's no going back to those days and taking risks with nothing to lose. I'm now a working man building a career and don't really get thrown in young people (unlike what happened at school/college/uni).

At the gym, I was wearing a vest-style t-shirt. I wouldn't say I'm ripped but I feel happy in myself. My arms aren't huge or anything but this cute blonde girl caught my eye. (as with most guys we look at many girls hoping we get attention from one of them/they like us). Anyway she glanced at me several times. I was on the cross-trainer sort of to her left. She'd look left probably 5/6 times over her 30 min workout and we'd glance at eachother for a few seconds before it got awkward/I got shy. She'd also play with hair a lot, I couldn't see the front of her face but she was sort of playing with it minimalistically - i. e. not really doing much with it but moving it a lot sort of to get me to look at her.

I didn't know how to react, like she's really cute but we're working out. I thought girls didn't like to be bothered when they were working out. I don't have regrets but I do need to overcome shyness.

I tried to smile but I wasn't really smiling, I imagine my face looked a bit anxious. She would've seen this but still glanced at me after this. Did she like me do you think?

I'm honestly so **** at reading girls/love/sex/attraction. I'm good in all other areas, intelligence, career, even social skills but I fail so bad at this and wish I was better.

Also, what are some obvious signs a girl likes you? I know a girl is never going to walk over to me and I'm also not the super confident type to walk over to girls cold turkey (I never would do that). But there are signs a girl likes you but I'm not sure what they are tbh and I think that's my biggest issue

ReputationRep:
    she thought you were weird, more like. Not a good sign

ReputationRep:
    I play with my hair when I'm shy so often in front of men I like haha. Although I'm a bit more brash and if I fancy someone I'll go and say so!

Have more confidence, ignore the poster above saying she thinks you're weird that's not nice. 🙄

If she's there the next time you go approach her, the worst she can say is no. 🙈 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeldusone)
    So, I'm hoping some people can help me out, and I'm serious.

Basically, I haven't looked this good for around 1/2 years now but I'm 22 and still haven't done anything more than kiss girls and never really done anything sober (although those kisses weren't just chance, they were with people attracted to me).

My big problem now is college is over and uni is over, there's no going back to those days and taking risks with nothing to lose. I'm now a working man building a career and don't really get thrown in young people (unlike what happened at school/college/uni).

At the gym, I was wearing a vest-style t-shirt. I wouldn't say I'm ripped but I feel happy in myself. My arms aren't huge or anything but this cute blonde girl caught my eye. (as with most guys we look at many girls hoping we get attention from one of them/they like us). Anyway she glanced at me several times. I was on the cross-trainer sort of to her left. She'd look left probably 5/6 times over her 30 min workout and we'd glance at eachother for a few seconds before it got awkward/I got shy. She'd also play with hair a lot, I couldn't see the front of her face but she was sort of playing with it minimalistically - i. e. not really doing much with it but moving it a lot sort of to get me to look at her.

I didn't know how to react, like she's really cute but we're working out. I thought girls didn't like to be bothered when they were working out. I don't have regrets but I do need to overcome shyness.

I tried to smile but I wasn't really smiling, I imagine my face looked a bit anxious. She would've seen this but still glanced at me after this. Did she like me do you think?

I'm honestly so **** at reading girls/love/sex/attraction. I'm good in all other areas, intelligence, career, even social skills but I fail so bad at this and wish I was better.

Also, what are some obvious signs a girl likes you? I know a girl is never going to walk over to me and I'm also not the super confident type to walk over to girls cold turkey (I never would do that). But there are signs a girl likes you but I'm not sure what they are tbh and I think that's my biggest issue
    She probably was just checking you out but follow your gut and if you see her again and feel that you like her , my advice is to just go for it because you dont know how many girls you are going to find in life that you like - the worst that can happen is that she rejects you and would be a little awkward but who cares anyway.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I don't go to the gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    This is why I don't go to the gym
    No. You don't go because you are lazy

OP has done nothing wrong so do not try and shame him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RelucBeam)
    No. You don't go because you are lazy

OP has done nothing wrong so do not try and shame him.
    Preach baby preach 🙌🏽🙋🏽 xx

ReputationRep:
    What's your stats, I'll tell you if she likes you or not after hearing them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.