maintenance grant and maintenance loan? Watch

aladdin818
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi! So I am off to study at uni in September. I currently have tuition loan and welsh government learning grant covering my university fees. I have also applied for the maintenance loan. Just wondering, can I also apply for the maintenance grant with this? The amount I have is £3800 for maintenance loan and my accommodation is £5500. I am short of money as I don't want my parents having to pay a penny! So a maintenance grant would REALLY help.
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The maintenance grants were scrapped and replaced with a maintenance loan of up to 8200 or 10700 in London
aladdin818
Rep:
?
(Original post by niteninja1)
The maintenance grants were scrapped and replaced with a maintenance loan of up to 8200 or 10700 in London
LOL, im so late then. Thanks for the update.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niteninja1)
(Original post by aladdin818)
LOL, im so late then. Thanks for the update.
They were only scrapped for English students. Those from Wales can still apply for a grant if household income is below £50,020.
http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk...x#.V8C3oK00YdU

Assuming your household income is lower than that then you need to ask to be means tested.
aladdin818
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
They were only scrapped for English students. Those from Wales can still apply for a grant if household income is below £50,020.
http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk...x#.V8C3oK00YdU

Assuming your household income is lower than that then you need to ask to be means tested.
Just had a look at the link! Is welsh government grant the same as maintenance grant? If so, I do have the welsh government learning grant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (350)
66.79%
No (174)
33.21%

Watched Threads