Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

maintenance grant and maintenance loan? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi! So I am off to study at uni in September. I currently have tuition loan and welsh government learning grant covering my university fees. I have also applied for the maintenance loan. Just wondering, can I also apply for the maintenance grant with this? The amount I have is £3800 for maintenance loan and my accommodation is £5500. I am short of money as I don't want my parents having to pay a penny! So a maintenance grant would REALLY help.

ReputationRep:
    The maintenance grants were scrapped and replaced with a maintenance loan of up to 8200 or 10700 in London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    The maintenance grants were scrapped and replaced with a maintenance loan of up to 8200 or 10700 in London
    LOL, im so late then. Thanks for the update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    (Original post by aladdin818)
    LOL, im so late then. Thanks for the update.
    They were only scrapped for English students. Those from Wales can still apply for a grant if household income is below £50,020.
    http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk...x#.V8C3oK00YdU

Assuming your household income is lower than that then you need to ask to be means tested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    They were only scrapped for English students. Those from Wales can still apply for a grant if household income is below £50,020.
    http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk...x#.V8C3oK00YdU

Assuming your household income is lower than that then you need to ask to be means tested.
    Just had a look at the link! Is welsh government grant the same as maintenance grant? If so, I do have the welsh government learning grant

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.