Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Long story short My school made a lot of mistakes from Only submitting 1 piece of my coursework even when I had done all of them and I got All A or B, and they told me I had not handed it in when I literally did a bit of digging in the submission area and found multiple copies of all of my work so they had no excuse handing it in.

On the day before my History assignment was due in they told me I had not handed it in and I even asked my history teacher who I handed it into and he said that I had and It was good, So i had to stay up till 4 Am Re writing it all and I did not do as good as I should as I had to rush it. I had no backup as it was written in school.

My Business studies teacher "Lost" my work and did not tell me till after the due date when I went to my school computer looked in the Files and found it on the shared GCSE coursework bit with everyone else so i got a fail in that but overall did well in that.

our school changed the IT gcse in the last 2 months of School so I had to learn Totally different stuff along with catching up with 2 years of comp-sci that we did not do (as I switched to comp-sci as I could easily do well in it)

And worst of all they tell me I cannot do English Lit as even though I was literally the first person to apply and get "confirmation" that I was on the course as long as I got a B (I did) due to the fact I did not go to the Taster session even though I was in another for a different subject I was not sure about doing. And I am number 9 on the waiting list.

I do not wish to act on this any more as I have achieved what I need for A-Levels and I will cause too much trouble, but I am aiming for a very good Uni and I really do not want my GCSE results to drag me down, while they are not bad they are not what I wanted overall but they are all B Minus my Maths as I got a C (I am not too great at maths)

But even though I can tell the Uni about my problems I do not want to come across as making up excuses for why I did not do better but in all honesty some of these played a massive factor on why I did not get higher results.

I have been lucky and I got into a Extremely good 6th form somewhere else that is the best in my area and has offered me some amazing things to Further my career and education as they understand what happened.

So all In all I was wondering how much these will effect me as I am hoping to get Atleast all A's and atleast 2 A*'s. but I do not want them to go Hmm your GCSE results were not great sorry you cant come here.

So how badly will this effect me and should I tell my Uni about what has happened or what should I do.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Long story short My school made a lot of mistakes from Only submitting 1 piece of my coursework even when I had done all of them and I got All A or B, and they told me I had not handed it in when I literally did a bit of digging in the submission area and found multiple copies of all of my work so they had no excuse handing it in.

On the day before my History assignment was due in they told me I had not handed it in and I even asked my history teacher who I handed it into and he said that I had and It was good, So i had to stay up till 4 Am Re writing it all and I did not do as good as I should as I had to rush it. I had no backup as it was written in school.

My Business studies teacher "Lost" my work and did not tell me till after the due date when I went to my school computer looked in the Files and found it on the shared GCSE coursework bit with everyone else so i got a fail in that but overall did well in that.

our school changed the IT gcse in the last 2 months of School so I had to learn Totally different stuff along with catching up with 2 years of comp-sci that we did not do (as I switched to comp-sci as I could easily do well in it)

And worst of all they tell me I cannot do English Lit as even though I was literally the first person to apply and get "confirmation" that I was on the course as long as I got a B (I did) due to the fact I did not go to the Taster session even though I was in another for a different subject I was not sure about doing. And I am number 9 on the waiting list.

I do not wish to act on this any more as I have achieved what I need for A-Levels and I will cause too much trouble, but I am aiming for a very good Uni and I really do not want my GCSE results to drag me down, while they are not bad they are not what I wanted overall but they are all B Minus my Maths as I got a C (I am not too great at maths)

But even though I can tell the Uni about my problems I do not want to come across as making up excuses for why I did not do better but in all honesty some of these played a massive factor on why I did not get higher results.

I have been lucky and I got into a Extremely good 6th form somewhere else that is the best in my area and has offered me some amazing things to Further my career and education as they understand what happened.

So all In all I was wondering how much these will effect me as I am hoping to get Atleast all A's and atleast 2 A*'s. but I do not want them to go Hmm your GCSE results were not great sorry you cant come here.

So how badly will this effect me and should I tell my Uni about what has happened or what should I do.
    It shouldn't hold you back too much so don't fret, but if a uni does question it then just explain to them what happened. I definitely would complain to the governors or something though, because this shouldn't be happening at all. The same thing happened to me in a couple of subjects and they didn't care because they thought I'd fail anyway (I didn't), and they didn't get many nice words from me about it. You never know, you might get a written apology from the school or something that you can show to the uni, although I doubt they'd be willing to assume that much responsibility! Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.