Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    By Fernoola (phonetics), do you mean Fionnuala?
    One of my friends is called Fionnuala, and I'd say Finoola is pretty much how you pronounce it too, I do think it's a very pretty name as well, I'd never heard of a Fionnuala before she joined our school.
    Is she Irish? It's a traditional Irsih name. Very traditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Is she Irish? It's a traditional Irsih name. Very traditional.
    Yes I do believe she is Irish
    Oooh I also quite like the name Mairead, who is another of my Irish friends.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I've heard of another Francisca (fran-sis-ka, no 'ch' sounds!) apart from myself; but then I don't know many Spanish people.

Otherwise, Preziosa is quite an original name, I think. Very Catholic.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i got a werid name but eevryone think i have, as my surname is bugg is weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    i don't think i got a werid name but eevryone think i have, as my surname is bugg is weird?
    I know a family of Buggs, would you happen to have come from a strict baptist background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I know a family of Buggs, would you happen to have come from a strict baptist background?

well i from a strict bapist background, why where do you know these from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    well i from a strict bapist background, why where do you know these from?
    Well, they are a family of strict baptists who go to the same church as my sister.

I once knew someone called Nemo Pringle (Yes: Nemo as in 'Finding..' and Pringle as in the crisps). God, his parents must really have hated him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Judas doesn't eem to be popular anymore - it was all the rage 2004 years back .

back in the days

ReputationRep:
    I used to know a guy called Blue.....and a girl called Pinky lol

ReputationRep:
    My sister knows a Kester and a friend knows twins called Sam and Ella. I mean, really.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    My name.
    bono ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I used to know a guy called Blue.....and a girl called Pinky lol
    I know few girlies with the name pinky, and twinky LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    I don't like unusual names very much.

Now, for the girlie future childern's names

Girls: Lucie, Verity, Bridget and Nina
    Boys: Matthew (But not Matt), Michael and Patrick.

I like more normal names for boys than I do for girls, but the girls' names that I like are more old fashioned than odd.

Yeah I know I didn't answer the question....
    I'm a Matthew and I hate it

Much prefer Matt, hard consonants are the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777)
    I once knew someone called Nemo Pringle (Yes: Nemo as in 'Finding..' and Pringle as in the crisps). God, his parents must really have hated him.
    Nemo as in meaning "no-one"?!

ReputationRep:
    weirdest names i've ever heard of were happy, lippy and henny.........they're three sisters!.....and one of them still goes to my school!

ReputationRep:
    How about James Bond for original? The poor guy couldn't order a pizza unless he gave a different name. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i used to know someone called poy...i think it originates from the phillipines or somewhere in that region?

the most beautifu and original name i've heard is shelina- that's definitely philipino...there used to be a boy in my primary school called dino as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i used to know someone called poy...i think it originates from the phillipines or somewhere in that region?

the most beautifu and original name i've heard is shelina- that's definitely philipino...there used to be a boy in my primary school called dino as well
    I knew a boy called shuman, he was from hong kong.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who's middle name is Toy, apparently it's a family name.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.