Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some lil kids of family friends have got some strangish names...

Faraday (after michael) and Deia (after some place i think).

ReputationRep:
    My American cousins all have unusual/strange first names: Winter, Leo, Odessa, Parker and Skylar.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a guy in my office called Andrey Fokin
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    My distant cousin has a little boy called Ptolemy (he has two brothers called Harry (hal) and Joshua (Jos))...Tolly for short.

I think it's a lovely name but it shocked quite a few of the rest of the family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    My distant cousin has a little boy called Ptolemy .
    How do you pronounce that? pa-tol-mee??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Silent P
    Toll-om/em-ee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Tol-em-ee

ReputationRep:
    Dulcinea (although it's the Spanish for Sweetheart)
    Tidus, Yuna, Sephiroth, Cloud etc.
    And Don Quixote. I made on up: Aryn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight-Errant)
    Tidus, Yuna, Sephiroth, Cloud etc.
    And Don Quixote. I made on up: Aryn
    I think you may have be playing final fantasy 10 and 7.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend called Lesalle, the only person i have known with that name
    Bliss

ReputationRep:
    I think i've mentioned this before, but here goes again:

Wayne King

and

Tess Tickles.

Real people. New Zealanders, mind you. All kinds of crazy stuff goes down in NZ.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to be called Fleur. Personally I'm glad my parents changed their minds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I was going to be called Fleur. Personally I'm glad my parents changed their minds

Fleur is a pretty name...it's also a brand of tampons in new zealand, lol. What did they change their minds to?

I was going to be called Philip. Luckily they realised i was a girl, in the nick of time.

ReputationRep:
    I want to change my name (first name not middle names) to sasuke or naruto, although saying that, oruchimaru sounds good as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Fleur is a pretty name...it's also a brand of tampons in new zealand, lol. What did they change their minds to?

I was going to be called Philip. Luckily they realised i was a girl, in the nick of time.
    lol, if i was a bloke they were going to call me cessle (i can't spell the name at all!) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)

LOL! Now I am even more glad though there's a band called 'Kill Hannah'...hm.

(Original post by Cellardore)
    lol, if i was a bloke they were going to call me cessle (i can't spell the name at all!) :rolleyes:
    Orrr! Like the crazy guy related to Sideshow Bob on The Simpsons! How sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)

I was meant to be a boy too, at least my parents told me they had only thought of boys names, I was either going to be called Joshua or Edward :eek: I only got called Holly because the pub which my Dad went to to celebrate was called 'The Holly Tree'!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    I was meant to be a boy too, at least my parents told me they had only thought of boys names, I was either going to be called Joshua or Edward :eek: I only got called Holly because the pub which my Dad went to to celebrate was called 'The Holly Tree'!!! :rolleyes:
    haha, named after a pub, classic. I think i was named because it was the GRACE of god that i wasn't a boy...my mumsie dearest wanted a little girl

ReputationRep:
    My sister is colleen dora violet, such a strange name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    My sister is colleen dora violet, such a strange name.
    lol, i knew a girl who was called Violet, middle name - rose tulip...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.