The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
some lil kids of family friends have got some strangish names...

Faraday (after michael) and Deia (after some place i think).
My American cousins all have unusual/strange first names: Winter, Leo, Odessa, Parker and Skylar.
Reply 82
Theres a guy in my office called Andrey Fokin :biggrin:
My distant cousin has a little boy called Ptolemy (he has two brothers called Harry (hal) and Joshua (Jos))...Tolly for short.

I think it's a lovely name but it shocked quite a few of the rest of the family.
Reply 84
Pencil Queen
My distant cousin has a little boy called Ptolemy .

How do you pronounce that? pa-tol-mee??
Cossack

Silent P
Toll-om/em-ee
Reply 86
Cossack

Tol-em-ee
Dulcinea (although it's the Spanish for Sweetheart)
Tidus, Yuna, Sephiroth, Cloud etc.
And Don Quixote. I made on up: Aryn
Knight-Errant
Tidus, Yuna, Sephiroth, Cloud etc.
And Don Quixote. I made on up: Aryn

I think you may have be playing final fantasy 10 and 7.
I have a friend called Lesalle, the only person i have known with that name
Bliss
Reply 90
I think i've mentioned this before, but here goes again:

Wayne King

and

Tess Tickles.

Real people. New Zealanders, mind you. All kinds of crazy stuff goes down in NZ.
Reply 91
I was going to be called Fleur. Personally I'm glad my parents changed their minds :tongue:
Reply 92
pikaboo
I was going to be called Fleur. Personally I'm glad my parents changed their minds :tongue:

Fleur is a pretty name...it's also a brand of tampons in new zealand, lol. What did they change their minds to?

I was going to be called Philip. Luckily they realised i was a girl, in the nick of time.
I want to change my name (first name not middle names) to sasuke or naruto, although saying that, oruchimaru sounds good as well.
grace
Fleur is a pretty name...it's also a brand of tampons in new zealand, lol. What did they change their minds to?

I was going to be called Philip. Luckily they realised i was a girl, in the nick of time.

lol, if i was a bloke they were going to call me cessle (i can't spell the name at all!) :rolleyes:
Reply 95
grace

LOL! Now I am even more glad :tongue: though there's a band called 'Kill Hannah'...hm.

Cellardore
lol, if i was a bloke they were going to call me cessle (i can't spell the name at all!) :rolleyes:

Orrr! Like the crazy guy related to Sideshow Bob on The Simpsons! How sweet :smile:
grace

I was meant to be a boy too, at least my parents told me they had only thought of boys names, I was either going to be called Joshua or Edward :eek: I only got called Holly because the pub which my Dad went to to celebrate was called 'The Holly Tree'!!! :rolleyes:
Reply 97
lil-pink-stars
I was meant to be a boy too, at least my parents told me they had only thought of boys names, I was either going to be called Joshua or Edward :eek: I only got called Holly because the pub which my Dad went to to celebrate was called 'The Holly Tree'!!! :rolleyes:

haha, named after a pub, classic. I think i was named because it was the GRACE of god that i wasn't a boy...my mumsie dearest wanted a little girl
My sister is colleen dora violet, such a strange name.
wiwarin_mir
My sister is colleen dora violet, such a strange name.

lol, i knew a girl who was called Violet, middle name - rose tulip...

Latest

Trending

Trending