Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 5 A*-B grades and 5Ds no colleges or sixth forms are allowing me to enter or even do A-levels either due to the fact I got a D in maths or because I don't have 6 GCSEs. What can I do? Is there anyway to persuade them? Also the enrolment day for most places have passed?...

Please give me ideas and support as it is destroying me to know I can't do subjects im passionate about!

ReputationRep:
    By the way I have the highest grades for the subjects I want to do for A-Levels... Maths is not required in what I want to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failure-sama)
    I got 5 A*-B grades and 5Ds no colleges or sixth forms are allowing me to enter or even do A-levels either due to the fact I got a D in maths or because I don't have 6 GCSEs. What can I do? Is there anyway to persuade them? Also the enrolment day for most places have passed?...

Please give me ideas and support as it is destroying me to know I can't do subjects im passionate about!

- Stay at your current school, If they know the kind of student you are they'll take you back ?

- If not look at colleges that will help you / allow you to study your A-Levels or any other course and resit some qualifications

- Here's my advice. One remember that, this is not the end of the world. You got your 5 A*-Cs, many people in my school didn't even get that. I know a very bright peer who got an A* in Eng Lit and he wasn't even allowed to do that, he could have easily done it along with another course such as ICT A-Level or the BTEC his currently doing but they said no. So he is now a year behind for no reason. Look at all sixth forms and collges and call up, explain your a bright a student, you'll retake, will you accept me and what courses will you accept me for? DO NOT DO A COURSE JUST BECAUSE THEY'LL ACCEPT YOU ON IT! Stay back a year and I know most people frown upon this but so what, if that's what it takes to strengthen your application go for it, redo them and bring them up to A*s. Get work experience under your belt and get ready for A-Levels that will crush you and get ready so well so you crush it. Remember universities don't mind how long it takes for GCSEs to be completed but A-Levels has a 2 year limit. It's worse if you try retake GCSEs AND do A-Levels alongside them and you come out with bad grades overall. Don't stretch yourself out too much, PM for me for more questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_alwayssmiley)
    - Stay at your current school, If they know the kind of student you are they'll take you back ?

- If not look at colleges that will help you / allow you to study your A-Levels or any other course and resit some qualifications

- Here's my advice. One remember that, this is not the end of the world. You got your 5 A*-Cs, many people in my school didn't even get that. I know a very bright peer who got an A* in Eng Lit and he wasn't even allowed to do that, he could have easily done it along with another course such as ICT A-Level or the BTEC his currently doing but they said no. So he is now a year behind for no reason. Look at all sixth forms and collges and call up, explain your a bright a student, you'll retake, will you accept me and what courses will you accept me for? DO NOT DO A COURSE JUST BECAUSE THEY'LL ACCEPT YOU ON IT! Stay back a year and I know most people frown upon this but so what, if that's what it takes to strengthen your application go for it, redo them and bring them up to A*s. Get work experience under your belt and get ready for A-Levels that will crush you and get ready so well so you crush it. Remember universities don't mind how long it takes for GCSEs to be completed but A-Levels has a 2 year limit. It's worse if you try retake GCSEs AND do A-Levels alongside them and you come out with bad grades overall. Don't stretch yourself out too much, PM for me for more questions
    Thank you so much, reading this made me teary ;3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.