Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically the situation is the school are teaching both together, and textbooks have not be given but I know we covered these, but I would like to find some practice questions but also for my own curiosity would like to know which module these are for Edexcel?

The exponential function.
    The natural logarithmic function.
    Differentiation: The chain rule, implicit differentiation, differentiating the exponential function, natural logarithm, sine and cosine, secant and cosecant functions.
    Compound angle formulae: what they are, their use to find trig ratios and to simplify expressions. Proving identities.
    Parametric equations: finding derivatives and hence stationary points, tangents, etc. Functions: simple properties, range and domain.
    Vectors in 2D: magnitude, scalar product, angles, equations of straight lines.

Also, which one is the hardest in your opinion, as the teacher said they will be using all the hard questions

(Historically my vectors have not been good despite doing M1 and M2, but I get them right in those units)

ReputationRep:
    Depends on which exam board you are on. For example some of the topics on C3 for Aqa are on C4 for Edexcel and vice versa.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    Exponential function, natural log function and all the differentiation EXCEPT implicit should be in C3. Everything else is C4. I think compound formulae might be C3 as well but I forgot.

ReputationRep:
    RDK Games is right!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Basically the situation is the school are teaching both together, and textbooks have not be given but I know we covered these, but I would like to find some practice questions but also for my own curiosity would like to know which module these are for Edexcel?

Differentiation: The chain rule, implicit differentiation, differentiating the exponential function, natural logarithm, sine and cosine, secant and cosecant functions.
    Compound angle formulae: what they are, their use to find trig ratios and to simplify expressions. Proving identities.
    Parametric equations: finding derivatives and hence stationary points, tangents, etc. Functions: simple properties, range and domain.
    Vectors in 2D: magnitude, scalar product, angles, equations of straight lines.

Also, which one is the hardest in your opinion, as the teacher said they will be using all the hard questions

(Historically my vectors have not been good despite doing M1 and M2, but I get them right in those units)
    Look up solution bank on physicsandmathstutor or something, you'll have loads of questions there.

It is fairly easy to answer your question but if you're ever stuck and never get an answer, the spec will tell you.

Your first 4 topics are all C3 and the last 2 are C4.

Personally I struggle with vectors when it comes to non-standard questions (so not like asking for equations or magnitude but stuff like June 2014 last part of the vector question..not much point looking that up until you've done more practice but anyway.

But out of those the first 5 topics are easy after enough practice (in my experience) and the last one can be icky.

ReputationRep:
    Vectors are normally in 3D rather than 2D in core 4.

ReputationRep:
    Parametric equations: finding derivatives and hence stationary points, tangents, etc.
    Functions: simple properties, range and domain.
    Vectors in 3D: magnitude, scalar product, angles, equations of straight lines.
    Key:
    Core 3
    Core 4
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by B_9710)
    Vectors are normally in 3D rather than 2D in core 4.
    They're more fun in FP4 but it's a shame OP will miss out on it

ReputationRep:
    Look at your spec.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    They're more fun in FP4 but it's a shame OP will miss out on it
    Yeah I found FP4 an enjoyable module.

ReputationRep:
    I know that we will be moving onto 3D, but need to learn the principles in 2D so that they're sure we know before we move on with the rest of the course, so doing a bit of revision and also writing some notes for later this year, and hence why I asked originally

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.