Turn on thread page Beta

CHAT Title Amendment: Alzheimer's Disease: Would You wanna know? watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you wanna know if you were gonna get Alzheimer's Disease when you got older? Plz use the poll as a quick refrence btw, its a privtae poll!

It's a bit late for biology homework, isn't it? That was due in months ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    It's a bit late for biology homework, isn't it? That was due in months ago.
    Its not Biology Home work, silly you its just i wanna know how ppl think about these things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    Would you wanna know if you were gonna get Alzheimer's Disease when you got older? Plz use the poll as a quick refrence btw, its a privtae poll!
    yeah id want to know - good reason to live life to the full now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    yeah id want to know - good reason to live life to the full now

but wouldnt it bother you to know that you would lead such a life in the end, although its not painfull to you, but what about the ppl around you?

I'd want to know so i can go and lose my virginity, screw those around me! (Literally.)

ReputationRep:
    i think id rather either know or not know for deffinate, rather than knowing theres a 50% chance ill get it (well a rarer form of it) and it will kill me before im 60 but i will never actually know if im gonna getit until ive got it (does that make ne sense at all?! lol). not nice
    if i had the choice, id rather not know at all. ignorance is bliss
    ana xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    ofcourse i would...im too precious to loose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    ofcourse i would...im too precious to loose
    i bet you are

_KOH_

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    i bet you are

_KOH_

i am actually!! so what is this alzheinz thing anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I Wouldnt really wanna know, coz i would like it to know that my life would come to such a tragic ending, although it wouldnt really affect "ME" in any mental way " coz thoes poor ppl dont really know whats goin on" but the ppl around me, would have a very hard time and grief, so i owuldnt wanna know

Alzheimer's Disease
    Is evil.....................

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to know because I would be worried about it all my life.

ReputationRep:
    just kill yourself now - less hassle

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember!

*snigger*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I don't remember!

*snigger*
    :eek: below the belt!
    i thought this was gonna be about mario winnans

ReputationRep:
    hi every1
    Nathan here n his uncle

JOHN STEAD

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer to know, then I'll definately get round to doing everything I've got planned- but I wouldn't tell anyone unless I really had to- I hate the thought of becoming dependent when I'm older- but luckily thats a long way off...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    No bothed about privacy.

Yes I would want to know. Imagine not living your life to the full, thinking you had 30 odd years ahead of you only to be struck down by early onset Alzheimers in your 40s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    Ew, a worse example to use is Hodgkinson's Chorea (I think) though. Genetic, dominant gene, sets in in the late 30s and causes unavoidable nervous damage until you die within a few years.

ReputationRep:
    if you knew you were going to suffer from alzhmeirs later on, whyshould this make you willing to live your life to the fullest? You should do that ne way right ?

dont think I would wanna know, I may even die before I suffer from it...then itd be unecessary extra worrying on my behalf. This deisease is not curable is it, so maybe that too would deter me from knowing my fate.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.