Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just curious about if any of you are planning on using the leisure centre at the university.

I know I will be, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    I 100% will be using the leisure centre at the university. My aim is to become a big muscly brute . So I will mainly be using the free weight area within the gym, however I will be using other facilities from time to time as it would be fun plus the cardio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henzi)
    I 100% will be using the leisure centre at the university. My aim is to become a big muscly brute . So I will mainly be using the free weight area within the gym, however I will be using other facilities from time to time as it would be fun plus the cardio
    Might see you in there then. Will it be your first time going to a gym regularly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeGuy13579)
    Might see you in there then. Will it be your first time going to a gym regularly?
    Funny enough no. Since 2014 i started working out doing like 300 push ups, sit ups and pull ups a day thinking I would get big that way. All I ever did was get toned. So mid 2015 i got my own 50kg dumbell and barbell set, again I did that everyday, sometimes twice a day and I really started seeing results. But my results did not start to really blossom untill march 2016 when I got a gym membership,put in rest days and started eating the right foods. By then I had watched tons of fitness videos on dieting, rest and workouts which really helped. Now im not saying im huge or anything but I would guess people would notice i worked out. I work out 3-5 times a week (free weights and machines) incorperating some HIIT training in-between.

I will try to maintain this lifestyle at universiry but I must say this life style is very expensive and all with the food, membership, supplements (which I dont take) and of course the fact I want to have fun sometimes on nightouts eating and drinking whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henzi)
    Funny enough no. Since 2014 i started working out doing like 300 push ups, sit ups and pull ups a day thinking I would get big that way. All I ever did was get toned. So mid 2015 i got my own 50kg dumbell and barbell set, again I did that everyday, sometimes twice a day and I really started seeing results. But my results did not start to really blossom untill march 2016 when I got a gym membership,put in rest days and started eating the right foods. By then I had watched tons of fitness videos on dieting, rest and workouts which really helped. Now im not saying im huge or anything but I would guess people would notice i worked out. I work out 3-5 times a week (free weights and machines) incorperating some HIIT training in-between.

I will try to maintain this lifestyle at universiry but I must say this life style is very expensive and all with the food, membership, supplements (which I dont take) and of course the fact I want to have fun sometimes on nightouts eating and drinking whatever.
    Well you have been doing it longer than me then sound more committed too. I started going around April 2015 with some friends that were already going. But I'v had the odd month off.

ReputationRep:
    I'll without a doubt be signing up to the leisure center. I'll mainly be in the weights area as I've slacked off for over a year now haha

ReputationRep:
    Great, both of you add me on snapchat: h.kasey
    so we can workout together when the time comes. Looking forward to it!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.