Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So after falling out with a very close friend a few months ago and then reconciling our relationship at prom, with an air of finality since we never expected to see eachother again, she's come back into my life. Today she texted me, and we ended up having quite a detailed conversation. The conversation didn't really feel like our old conversations, because it was full of platitudes and pointless observations, not really very interesting. I then find out it's fairly likely she'll be attending the same college as me. So we'll be getting the same train at times, and I will no doubt see her around. I felt as though I had moved on. I don't want to be an arse and block her out of my life, but I feel things have changed. I don't even understand why she made contact. Ideally I'd like to just go back to the way things used to be when we knew eachother well, but we've drifted apart and things have changed. As Sheila said in An Inspector Calls, "We aren't the same two people who sat down for dinner." . Any advice/experience?

ReputationRep:
    No tbh, but this reminded me of the Lil Wayne lyric "We are not the same, I am a martian"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LDS16)
    So after falling out with a very close friend a few months ago and then reconciling our relationship at prom, with an air of finality since we never expected to see eachother again, she's come back into my life. Today she texted me, and we ended up having quite a detailed conversation. The conversation didn't really feel like our old conversations, because it was full of platitudes and pointless observations, not really very interesting. I then find out it's fairly likely she'll be attending the same college as me. So we'll be getting the same train at times, and I will no doubt see her around. I felt as though I had moved on. I don't want to be an arse and block her out of my life, but I feel things have changed. I don't even understand why she made contact. Ideally I'd like to just go back to the way things used to be when we knew eachother well, but we've drifted apart and things have changed. As Sheila said in An Inspector Calls, "We aren't the same two people who sat down for dinner." . Any advice/experience?
    gtf on pinta later
    absolutely no excuses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    No tbh, but this reminded me of the Lil Wayne lyric "We are not the same, I am a martian"
    I'm going to have to Spotify that to remember how that goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    gtf on pinta later
    absolutely no excuses
    Oh oui Madame
    Pinta is trés importante for relationship çrisises, non?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Oh oui Madame
    Juste la tuer, problème résolu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    :rofl:

Oui

ReputationRep:
    Its better to be honest with her - tell her that you don't feel comfortable around her after the situation
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Oh oui Madame
    (Original post by XOR_)
    (Original post by LDS16)
    :rofl:

Oui
    Did u just murder the french language
    Are u guys content with ureselves?

ReputationRep:
    oui

tres happi

ReputationRep:
    Oui , je ne me soucie pas vraiment comment inexactes qui était .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)

Honestly, you probably just shouldn't worry about it. You'll meet new people at college and might not even see each other that much. It's also likely that she felt like things were different too so won't force a friendship. If that doesn't work just tell her you're moving to a remote village and hope she doesn't see you 👌🏼
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Oui , je ne me soucie pas vraiment comment inexactes qui était .
    Je n'aime pas ta attitude Monsieur :naughty:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i dont like your attitude Monsieur

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.