Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any advice. I got my results on august 25th after spending a year at a hospital school due to ill health and missing a year of school before that. I received them in the post and, when looking at the 'total marks' column most said there were 100 max instead of the 60 stated on aqa website. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this - also my maths result did not even give me my marks and paper breakdown which is really iffy. Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Your results were in UMS marks not raw marks! So the AQA papers were 60 raw marks which is 100 UMS. If you did Edexcel maths, they never give your mark at GCSE - just the grade (no clue why).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lobradovic)
    Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any advice. I got my results on august 25th after spending a year at a hospital school due to ill health and missing a year of school before that. I received them in the post and, when looking at the 'total marks' column most said there were 100 max instead of the 60 stated on aqa website. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this - also my maths result did not even give me my marks and paper breakdown which is really iffy. Any help would be appreciated.
    Every raw mark is converted into a UMS mark. So for the AQA sciences, the paper is out of 60 raw marks, but these raw marks are converted into UMS marks out of 100 for each paper/unit. For the sciences it's like 90 = A* 80 = A 70 = B etc...

I also didn't get a breakdown of my Maths grade which is a bit annoying! Although I'm over the moon with my Maths I got an A so it wasn't a problem. You can get in contact with your Maths head of department or exams officer for your breakdown if you need/want it

Hope your results went well and congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the speedy replies - the UMS thing is what i expected (although my art is out of 120 and 180 for units 1 and 2 which is really odd) i was just confused as the UMS specific column on the table was blank with the specific 'marks' column with the UMS points instead (but coming from a small school the results letter itself is different from the ones received across the country). Thanks again, really hope you got the results you wanted x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.