The Student Room Group

can I do A-levels with only 2 GCSE

Is it possible for me to do A-levels with only Maths C and English D? I wasn't the brightest student when I came to England around 5years ago at the end of year 10. I'm 19years old now, I was studying Animal Care level 2 at college but it wasn't what I expected so I didn't continue it. I didn't knew what to do so I wasted a year at home playing games and few days ago I realised that I can't waste my life like that and I decided to study something and Mechanical Engineering got my attention but to study it I need to do Maths, Physics and Further Maths, is it possible for me to get to those A-levels with what I've got?

Thanks for any info!
Original post by lecramm
Is it possible for me to do A-levels with only Maths C and English D? I wasn't the brightest student when I came to England around 5years ago at the end of year 10. I'm 19years old now, I was studying Animal Care level 2 at college but it wasn't what I expected so I didn't continue it. I didn't knew what to do so I wasted a year at home playing games and few days ago I realised that I can't waste my life like that and I decided to study something and Mechanical Engineering got my attention but to study it I need to do Maths, Physics and Further Maths, is it possible for me to get to those A-levels with what I've got?

Thanks for any info!

It's not really possible through an institution. You'd have to self teach and self enter.

Quick Reply

Latest