Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I am an international post-qualification applicant to Natural Science for 2017 entry. After visiting the university and some of its colleges in the open day, I am now interested in Jesus College because of its atmosphere and location. Considering my identity as an oversea student and a re-applicant, I am wondering if my nationality and past records would influence the chance of being invited to interview and hopefully offered a place in Jesus College.

Btw, when I was searching for every college's statistics in Natural Science application in last 5 years, I noticed that Jesus College's has some unusual features: the number of applicants pooled by them and then "fished" by other colleges is apparently greater than any other colleges(11-25 per year, whereas others typically have less than 10). Is it because they put a lot of applicants in the winter pool, or the applicants to Jesus tend to be very strong and therefore more competitive in winter pool? I am not sure about this, perheps some other factors take part in it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by lucus450)
    Hello.

I am an international post-qualification applicant to Natural Science for 2017 entry. After visiting the university and some of its colleges in the open day, I am now interested in Jesus College because of its atmosphere and location. Considering my identity as an oversea student and a re-applicant, I am wondering if my nationality and past records would influence the chance of being invited to interview and hopefully offered a place in Jesus College.

Btw, when I was searching for every college's statistics in Natural Science application in last 5 years, I noticed that Jesus College's has some unusual features: the number of applicants pooled by them and then "fished" by other colleges is apparently greater than any other colleges(11-25 per year, whereas others typically have less than 10). Is it because they put a lot of applicants in the winter pool, or the applicants to Jesus tend to be very strong and therefore more competitive in winter pool? I am not sure about this, perheps some other factors take part in it.
    Don't worry about stats, if you like the college apply there. There is always a possibility of being pooled but that's a safety feature at Cambridge. Your primary objective is to get a place at the university, and everyone always likes the college they end up at (well, usually... )

If you are a reapplicant your previous files will have been shredded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Don't worry about stats, if you like the college apply there. There is always a possibility of being pooled but that's a safety feature at Cambridge. Your primary objective is to get a place at the university, and everyone always likes the college they end up at (well, usually... )

If you are a reapplicant your previous files will have been shredded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see. Many thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.