Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I have only got the opinion of a league table. For some of you uni students doing psy, would you recommend where you are and why?

I'm looking for top universities (doesn't have to be russell group) that have amazing facilities for psychology students, as well as other activities and many places to go and do things. Also, if that's what I'm looking for should I be focusing on uni's in cities, and does that mean Durham would not be the uni for me (because apparently the place is so small with little facilities)?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esekanayo_)
    I feel like I have only got the opinion of a league table. For some of you uni students doing psy, would you recommend where you are and why?

I'm looking for top universities (doesn't have to be russell group) that have amazing facilities for psychology students, as well as other activities and many places to go and do things. Also, if that's what I'm looking for should I be focusing on uni's in cities, and does that mean Durham would not be the uni for me (because apparently the place is so small with little facilities)?

Thanks in advance
    Im not sure what you mean by facilities.... Durham definately has all the usual university and sports facilities, its just in a smaller town, so there aren't many options for clubbing if thats what your into. The size of the university is quite big especially compared to the town though, and its very close to Newcastle for more options of things to do.

Most people on TSR will only have experience of one university and visiting others on open days (which i suggest you do), so its unlikely that someone will be able to give you a definative idea of where to go. Rely on league tables for a broad idea of teaching and research quality, and go to open days to see what places you may like. You haven't mentioned what preferences you have for sorts of places you would like to go (which would narrow things down).

Its worth mentioning that im sure if you went to any university within your a level grade range you will end up having a fantastic time regardless, i don't think it matters much unless you have specific experiences in mind (i.e. I wouldn't go to St Andrews if you want to party every night, or I wouldn't go to a London university if you don't like big cities).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.