Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37193629

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/26/franki...rants-6092779/

Is it the beginning of the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I've eaten at F&B's twice in my life time and it was average at the very best. The second visit, I don't know why the waiter gave me and my dad spoons when we were eating spaghetti and meatballs?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I've eaten at F&B's twice in my life time and it was average at the very best. The second visit, I don't know why the waiter gave me and my dad spoons when we were eating spaghetti and meatballs?!
    You put the spaghetti on your fork, push it up against the spoon, and twirl it around the fork so that it doesn't fall off the end.

Unless you're one of those weirdos that eats spaghetti with a knife, of course

Or the waiter gave you just spoons, which would actually be weirder than a knife tbh (practically speaking).

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    You put the spaghetti on your fork, push it up against the spoon, and twirl it around the fork so that it doesn't fall off the end.

Unless you're one of those weirdos that eats spaghetti with a knife, of course

Or the waiter gave you just spoons, which would actually be weirder than a knife tbh (practically speaking).
    We didn't even get forks.

ReputationRep:
    Restaurant Group is the owner of Frankie and Bennies. I believe a FTSE 250 listed company trading on the LSE (London Stock Exchange)

They own a lot of other brands, but I feel these "Family" restaurants are dying, when you can get equally good food in a supermarket.

ReputationRep:
    Nandos killed them

There's a Frankie and Benny's near my campus and it seems to be permanently empty, I'm surprised they even lasted this long

ReputationRep:
    Never ate there, have seen one near my home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think they're a bit overpriced and a bit rubbish tbh
    bye-bye

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37197922 = more worrying

ReputationRep:
    I like F&B.

In my experience the food is good if a tad overpriced. They can be slow though.

ReputationRep:
    No, I love Frankie and Benny's Their calzones are absolutely amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I think they're a bit overpriced and a bit rubbish tbh
    bye-bye

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37197922 = more worrying
    Ben and Jerry's is owned by Unilever, so their share price will take a hit when markets open on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Never been there in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remiremi)
    Nandos killed them

There's a Frankie and Benny's near my campus and it seems to be permanently empty, I'm surprised they even lasted this long
    lol in my area Nandos opened a new restaurant right next door to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been twice I think, as said in the article there's a lot of competition in this sort of area and to be it was very unremarkable, I prefer TJI Fridays by far.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.