The Student Room Group

Italy's referendum

Italy's referendum is the next major even in European politics. It could see the beginning of a process that sees them abandoning the Euro currency.

I'm going to predict something.

A few days before the referendum, a female, pro-European integration, pro-Euro politician, probably with children, will be murdered. The man murdering her will have been reported to have said something nationalistic about Italy.

Swedish Euro referendum, and British EU referendum. Do your research. Join up the dots.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Italy's referendum is the next major even in European politics. It could see the beginning of a process that sees them abandoning the Euro currency.

A few days before the referendum, a female, pro-European integration, pro-Euro politician, probably with children, will be murdered. The man murdering her will have been reported to have said something nationalistic about Italy.

Swedish Euro referendum, and British EU referendum. Do your research. Join up the dots.

Sure I'll bite.

A national political event fires up the electorate, it is constantly spoken about throughout the electorate, the media and society as a whole. This political event is one everyone has a stake in and blows up passions across the board. Political rhetoric helps to fan these passions causing some individuals on the fringe to feel they have to take action. Some write letters and attend protests, the less stable build pipe bombs and aquire weapons. The national political event has caused this tiny armed fringe to believe they are on the cusp of some sort of national betrayal so they use acts of violence against politicians who they believe are attempting to sell out the country. Similar forces cause similar events to happen in similar places.

But I suppose we could stick with your implied theory of illuminati or some ****. The all powerful elite that try shock murders, rather than simply rigging a vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aj12
Sure I'll bite.

A national political event fires up the electorate, it is constantly spoken about throughout the electorate, the media and society as a whole. This political event is one everyone has a stake in and blows up passions across the board. Political rhetoric helps to fan these passions causing some individuals on the fringe to feel they have to take action. Some write letters and attend protests, the less stable build pipe bombs and aquire weapons. The national political event has caused this tiny armed fringe to believe they are on the cusp of some sort of national betrayal so they use acts of violence against politicians who they believe are attempting to sell out the country. Similar forces cause similar events to happen in similar places.

But I suppose we could stick with your implied theory of illuminati or some ****. The all powerful elite that try shock murders, rather than simply rigging a vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's no such nonsense, it's something far more mainstream and documented. False Flag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

The known cases are not spurious theories, they happened. Annie Machin, formerly MI5 has talked of it.

The Israeli embassy bombing, blamed on innocent Palestinians, and the bomb planted in a loyalist pub in NI that was by intelligence and made out to be MI5.

I'm not even saying I know or think we can know, I'm just saying it's rather a coincidence when you look at the cases of the Swedish and British referendums, if it happens with Italy it will be very odd.
Reply 3
Something could happen, then another thing could happen, then another thing may happen, and then the EU falls apart ?

This referendum has nothing to do with the EU.
Reply 4
Also, Renzi looks so much like Nick Griffin I can't take him seriously enough
I'll predict something. If the vote goes against the Euro, there will be a call for another referendum because the Italians apparently didn't understand the issues or consequences.

I predict this because it's happened before.
Original post by Trinculo
I'll predict something. If the vote goes against the Euro, there will be a call for another referendum because the Italians apparently didn't understand the issues or consequences.

Just when you thought you were out, they pulled you back in...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by recall113
Just when you thought you were out, they pulled you back in...

It's the way it works - which is why I'm personally so opposed to the EU (rather than Europe).

Any time a vote goes against the EU - it's for some reason declared invalid. All votes for the EU are, however, perfectly fine. Even votes that go against the EU are sometimes interpreted as actually having been indicative of the exact opposite result.

The anti-migration vote in Hungary last month is a good example. The EU was due to impose a mandatory quota of asylum seekers turning up in Southern EU states. There was a referendum, and the Hungarians voted something approaching 100% to reject the EU quota.

The referendum had a low turnout, less than 50%, and was declared invalid. That's the law - fair enough -but the EU firstly criticized Hungary for having the referendum in the first place, and then pro-migration camps claimed it was actually a reflection of vote *for* accepting the asylum seekers.

Personally, I don't think it's a good thing for a member state to not share the burden - but the overwhelming issue is - this is what the EU does. It tells you what to do, and when you don't like it, it tells you you're wrong, or evil, or stupid, and either you have to keep going away until you come up with a decision that it likes, or that the decisions you made weren't really the decisions you made, and what you *really* wanted was what the EU said all along.

Sound familiar?

It looks to me like the Austrians are trying to override their electorate too, some kind of recount going on or second election.

When will these zealots realise that they take people democracy, and that is what pushes them to the right?

It's happening all over the west.

In fact, I am convinced they actually enjoy enforcing their dogma, and the political consequences, it gives than even more of an inflated sense of righteousness, of moral and intellectual superiority about electorates, plus an authoritarian joy in having them think they have choice then suppressing it. Either that, or they are just hopelessly stupid and blind to the flaw and what's going on. It may be a denial combined with a bit of the former.
There are way too many ifs and maybes vis-à-vis Italy leaving the Eurozone.

Italy's Referendum is not an in out referendum so in the words of John Claude Junker apply
"If it's a Yes, we will say 'on we go', and if it's a No we will say 'we continue'."

Can you explain to me the connection between this referendum and the EU/Euro?
Original post by SHallowvale
Can you explain to me the connection between this referendum and the EU/Euro?

In 2013 the Irish voted voted down in a referendum a government proposal on exactly the same subject; the powers of the upper house and no-one battered an eyelid. Effectively it is just a public vote of confidence in the PM.
It looks to me like the Austrians are trying to override their electorate too, some kind of recount going on or second election.

The Austrians had a close Presidential election, 30,000 votes in it. There were lots of different errors. The opposition claimed half a million invalid votes were cast but the courts eventually ruled that there were problems with 77,000 votes. It looks like Austria had become sloppy over its voting procedures. Even the re-run has had to be re-scheduled because the glue on the envelopes for postal votes came unstuck.
Original post by nulli tertius
The Austrians had a close Presidential election, 30,000 votes in it. There were lots of different errors. The opposition claimed half a million invalid votes were cast but the courts eventually ruled that there were problems with 77,000 votes. It looks like Austria had become sloppy over its voting procedures. Even the re-run has had to be re-scheduled because the glue on the envelopes for postal votes came unstuck.

Biased courts-like with Brexit.

While we are at it, why is Pennsylvania(and more that Trump won?) having a recount, but not states that Hillary won narrowly?

Isn't it fairly obvious there are people who want things a certain way in the western world who are trying to override the will of the people.

It's all deeply unseemly, more than the so-called 'right'.

Why can't they respect democracy, this is why people distrust politics so much, and shame on the generation of entitled brats who want to debase democracy when they get the wrong result, just watching their crowing smug social media posts about how thye will get what they want or frustrate the other side by flagrantly showing contempt for democracy, and thus threatening it for evermore,, all to stay in an undemocratic institution, makes me sick
Original post by nulli tertius

Just heard on the radio that the Czechs might be looking to Czexit. The left wing democratic workers alliance party and shinning path alliance want the Czech republic to have a referendum to leave the EU and to establish closer links with Belarus, Russia and other Slavic countries. Its leader Honza Srna is a life long Marxist and is very popular amongst youths and young people who are increasingly skeptical of the EU and the west. They idolise Srna as do a lot of other Czechs. People are getting fed up of capitalism in the Czech Republic.

So do you think the Czechs will Czexit?
Original post by Ambitious1999
Just heard on the radio that the Czechs might be looking to Czexit. The left wing democratic workers alliance party and shinning path alliance want the Czech republic to have a referendum to leave the EU and to establish closer links with Belarus, Russia and other Slavic countries. Its leader Honza Srna is a life long Marxist and is very popular amongst youths and young people who are increasingly skeptical of the EU and the west. They idolise Srna as do a lot of other Czechs. People are getting fed up of capitalism in the Czech Republic.

So do you think the Czechs will Czexit?

If they are going to do it they should at least call it Czechout.
Original post by ███████████████
If they are going to do it they should at least call it Czechout.

That's a good one lol :biggrin:
Reply 18

While we are at it, why is Pennsylvania(and more that Trump won?) having a recount, but not states that Hillary won narrowly?

Isn't it fairly obvious there are people who want things a certain way in the western world who are trying to override the will of the people.

It's all deeply unseemly, more than the so-called 'right'.

Why can't they respect democracy, this is why people distrust politics so much, and shame on the generation of entitled brats who want to debase democracy when they get the wrong result, just watching their crowing smug social media posts about how thye will get what they want or frustrate the other side by flagrantly showing contempt for democracy, and thus threatening it for evermore,, all to stay in an undemocratic institution, makes me sick

Ah the ignorance. Hilarious it's in the name of 'democracy'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because no-one has stumped up a couple of million bucks to ask for one.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply