Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    okay so results day didn't go as planned for me i only passed 2 AS levels out of the 4. But my school said thy would still let me into A2 if i continued with the 2 AS levels that I passed in and pick up an AS that i can only do for 1 year. Basically im doing Biology A level, Psychology A level and 1 AS in econimics. I want to know if i can get into uni with this or is it better to start fresh in another school?

    I dont think its impossible, some uni's such as De Mont fort look at your total UMS. I applied for audiology and was given an offer which could have easily been achieved by just two a levels. But you need to have good AS grades initially, and tbh you wont get many offers imo but just ask the uni before hand.

    My friend went to uni with 2 A2's and an AS, but it wasn't an amazing uni. In saying that she got all B grades so if you really try to aim for atleast A/B grades you could get into an okay/good uni. Some uni's want 3 A2's at specific grades, while others will take you on through the UCAS point system. If i was you i'd research around the uni's/courses you want to apply to or contact them and ask so you can make your mind up that way.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.