a.hammam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically i missed out on my gcses due to going abroad on year 11 so a college said i can take 5 gcses but i have to take a test for Maths, english and science. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if its hard. I am mostly worried about the science because i didnt study it in year 11 and i dont know what to revise.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a.hammam)
Basically i missed out on my gcses due to going abroad on year 11 so a college said i can take 5 gcses but i have to take a test for Maths, english and science. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if its hard. I am mostly worried about the science because i didnt study it in year 11 and i dont know what to revise.
I've done these before for English and maths and they're pretty simple. You just have to answer some questions and they'll see where you're at. As for revising, I'd look at UK GCSE revision websites. The science might be a little difficult if you haven't learned the topics, although you may have covered most of them in year 10. Good luck!
a.hammam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I've done these before for English and maths and they're pretty simple. You just have to answer some questions and they'll see where you're at. As for revising, I'd look at UK GCSE revision websites. The science might be a little difficult if you haven't learned the topics, although you may have covered most of them in year 10. Good luck!
ok thanks so u didnt have to do any writing for english and what kind topics came up in maths??
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a.hammam)
ok thanks so u didnt have to do any writing for english and what kind topics came up in maths??
I didn't do any writing, no. It was just simple questions. As for the maths, there was a little trigonometry, algebra, basic maths and a couple of other topics. Because this was just a test prior to entering college, it wasn't the same as any other. Your tests could be very different so keep that in mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
OtakuFreak
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
With all due respect, why on Earth would you go abroad when GCSE exams were coming up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads