Which mathematics and further mathematics modules are the easiest? Watch

emprex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am a retake student

this year I am doing maths and further maths and will be starting again from year 12

I had AAD for C1, C2, M1

I am still surprised how low I got for M1 and thats the reason I am taking it. I love mechanics and find statistics extremely difficult

So over the two years is this the easiest mathematics module set?

AS Maths- C1, C2, M1 A2 Maths- C3, C4, M2
Further AS MATHS- FP1, FP2, D1 At A2 Further Maths- FP3, D2, S1

additional question: is FP2 considered to be at AS generally or at A2?

I have never done further maths before
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emprex)
I am a retake student

this year I am doing maths and further maths and will be starting again from year 12

I had AAD for C1, C2, M1

I am still surprised how low I got for M1 and thats the reason I am taking it. I love mechanics and find statistics extremely difficult

C1 and D1 should be the easiest. Obviously though, when you've finished you might feel like C2, M1 and S1 were all pretty easy too.

FP2 is A2 FM
momoneyme89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
C1,D1,S1 are the easiest

M3,M4 are the hardest
momoneyme89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would pick stats over mechanics, if you want an easy way out.

Other than M1, the other mechanics modules are a *****. Even S3 is remarkably simple compared to M2
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
FP2 is an A2 module.

S2 is an easy module, so try to include that.
Count Bezukhov
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
D1 and S2 are really easy, just memorisation basically.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Techincally FP2 can be done in AS FM (I think) but there is no reason to do so.

For Further Maths (including Maths applied units) I did FP1-2, S1-4, M1 and D1. Could probably have swapped M1 for D2 if I wanted to but otherwise for me that was the easiest FM combination.

S4 for Edexcel I think is significantly more easier than S3, and of similar difficulty to S2 and not completely boring.
gagafacea1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am a retake student...
Honestly, if you're looking for the easiest, stay away from the higher mechanics modules and FP3. I say do S1-3, M1-2, and D1.
Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am a retake student

I had AAD for C1, C2, M1

The only difficult thing that I found in FP1 was the proof by inductions part which I don't think you have to do in the other FP modules. S2 is an absolute pain in the a** to do, truth be told. M2 is a pretty good module to do; the only problem I found with it was the centre of masses part so make sure you fully understand that asap. I heard that D2 is pretty hard to do as well because it's just so weird. Going by what you've said about you being good at Mechanics, I would personally recommend that you do M3 instead of D2. Best of luck!
IYGB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ash8991)
The only difficult thing that I found in FP1 was the proof by inductions part which I don't think you have to do in the other FP modules. S2 is an absolute pain in the a** to do, truth be told. M2 is a pretty good module to do; the only problem I found with it was the centre of masses part so make sure you fully understand that asap. I heard that D2 is pretty hard to do as well because it's just so weird. Going by what you've said about you being good at Mechanics, I would personally recommend that you do M3 instead of D2. Best of luck!
This one
Mr Moon Man
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
DE is quite easy
sweeneyrod
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Presuming Edexcel is your exam board: out of the optional modules that you might be considering, FP3 and M4, M5 are hardest; D1, D2, S1, S2, M1, M2 are all relatively easy in my opinion. Mechanics is easier if you do Physics as well. Decision and stats (especially S1 and D2) are easy but boring. I think M3 is somewhat harder than the easy modules, but easier than FP3 and M4, M5. Your suggested set of modules is decent (although you'd need to swap modules around to make it possible), but I think replacing FP3 with either S2 (giving you the modules I did) or M3 (if you like mechanics) might make it a bit easier. FP2 is A2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
14.29%
They might tell the bully (2)
14.29%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
21.43%
It might lead to more bullying (3)
21.43%
There's nothing they could do (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads