Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which mathematics and further mathematics modules are the easiest? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a retake student

this year I am doing maths and further maths and will be starting again from year 12

I had AAD for C1, C2, M1

I am still surprised how low I got for M1 and thats the reason I am taking it. I love mechanics and find statistics extremely difficult

So over the two years is this the easiest mathematics module set?

AS Maths- C1, C2, M1 A2 Maths- C3, C4, M2
    Further AS MATHS- FP1, FP2, D1 At A2 Further Maths- FP3, D2, S1

additional question: is FP2 considered to be at AS generally or at A2?

I have never done further maths before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emprex)
    I am a retake student

this year I am doing maths and further maths and will be starting again from year 12

I had AAD for C1, C2, M1

I am still surprised how low I got for M1 and thats the reason I am taking it. I love mechanics and find statistics extremely difficult

C1 and D1 should be the easiest. Obviously though, when you've finished you might feel like C2, M1 and S1 were all pretty easy too.

FP2 is A2 FM

ReputationRep:
    C1,D1,S1 are the easiest

M3,M4 are the hardest

ReputationRep:
    I would pick stats over mechanics, if you want an easy way out.

Other than M1, the other mechanics modules are a *****. Even S3 is remarkably simple compared to M2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    FP2 is an A2 module.

S2 is an easy module, so try to include that.

ReputationRep:
    D1 and S2 are really easy, just memorisation basically.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Techincally FP2 can be done in AS FM (I think) but there is no reason to do so.

For Further Maths (including Maths applied units) I did FP1-2, S1-4, M1 and D1. Could probably have swapped M1 for D2 if I wanted to but otherwise for me that was the easiest FM combination.

S4 for Edexcel I think is significantly more easier than S3, and of similar difficulty to S2 and not completely boring.

ReputationRep:
    I am a retake student...
    Honestly, if you're looking for the easiest, stay away from the higher mechanics modules and FP3. I say do S1-3, M1-2, and D1.

ReputationRep:
    I am a retake student

I had AAD for C1, C2, M1

The only difficult thing that I found in FP1 was the proof by inductions part which I don't think you have to do in the other FP modules. S2 is an absolute pain in the a** to do, truth be told. M2 is a pretty good module to do; the only problem I found with it was the centre of masses part so make sure you fully understand that asap. I heard that D2 is pretty hard to do as well because it's just so weird. Going by what you've said about you being good at Mechanics, I would personally recommend that you do M3 instead of D2. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash8991)
    The only difficult thing that I found in FP1 was the proof by inductions part which I don't think you have to do in the other FP modules. S2 is an absolute pain in the a** to do, truth be told. M2 is a pretty good module to do; the only problem I found with it was the centre of masses part so make sure you fully understand that asap. I heard that D2 is pretty hard to do as well because it's just so weird. Going by what you've said about you being good at Mechanics, I would personally recommend that you do M3 instead of D2. Best of luck!
    This one

ReputationRep:
    DE is quite easy

ReputationRep:
    Presuming Edexcel is your exam board: out of the optional modules that you might be considering, FP3 and M4, M5 are hardest; D1, D2, S1, S2, M1, M2 are all relatively easy in my opinion. Mechanics is easier if you do Physics as well. Decision and stats (especially S1 and D2) are easy but boring. I think M3 is somewhat harder than the easy modules, but easier than FP3 and M4, M5. Your suggested set of modules is decent (although you'd need to swap modules around to make it possible), but I think replacing FP3 with either S2 (giving you the modules I did) or M3 (if you like mechanics) might make it a bit easier. FP2 is A2.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.