Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.
    I am a bit confused about the rules on the +1 year you can get funding for.

Lets say I started a 3 year degree and then dropped out in 1st year (got full funding for that), then went to do a foundation degree (2 year) finished that and achieved a FdSc (got full finding for that) then want to do a 'top - up' year (1 year) that will give me a BA at the end of it, can I get full funding for the 'top-up' year or not because I have used my +1 year?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hope you get some answers! Didn't wanna just read and run x

ReputationRep:
    You've had four years of funding so no i wouldn't have thought so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    You've had four years of funding so no i wouldn't have thought so
    They've had three years of funding.

OP: I'm pretty sure you can't since to get student finance you have to have no higher education qualifications if I recall correctly, which means anything beyond A Levels. Since you've got a foundation degree I'd guess that means a no, but you could always ring up and ask!

Edit: I found this for you..

"If you’ve completed a higher education course that leads on to an honours degree or other ‘end-on’ course (eg you’ve completed a Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) or foundation degree course), you can apply for funding for the duration of your end-on course. However, if you get your funding in:

England from Student Finance England and you started your ‘end-on’ course on or after 1 September 2012, both courses must be either full-time or part-time, and you must begin the end-on course no later than five months after completing your previous course, but not necessarily at the same university or college. You can only get a tuition fee loan for one year of your ‘end-on’ course."

Found here http://www.nus.org.uk/en/advice/mone...funding-again/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.