Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

On results day, I received my results and found that I had achieved a U grade in BUSS4! I am so shocked by this, because my teacher was an ex examiner for business studies, so she would know what you should include. I only did what my teacher had taught us in the exam, in past exam questions, marked by my teaher, I was achieving As and A*s I just don't understand!
    I got 33 UMS!
    Has anyone else received an unexpected U grade in BUSS4?

thankyou
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jadder1224)
    Hi there,

On results day, I received my results and found that I had achieved a U grade in BUSS4! I am so shocked by this, because my teacher was an ex examiner for business studies, so she would know what you should include. I only did what my teacher had taught us in the exam, in past exam questions, marked by my teaher, I was achieving As and A*s I just don't understand!
    I got 33 UMS!

thankyou
    Perhaps it's worth a remark if those are possible, because you're right, that does seem strange. It's possible you had a nightmare in the exam without realising but..

ReputationRep:
    What did your friends get? Something appeared in the my local newspaper today of a whole schools students being awarded a U grade in ICT for some reason that's being investigated.

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I got 33 UMS!

thankyou
    Yes got a totally unexpected U in unit 4 (29UMS) even though I thought it had gone way better than buss3 which I ended up with an A in... Requested script back and teachers said it had been marked wrong. I.e. I reached Gap Gan on an essay but only got 8 marks overall. Now just waiting on remark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dougiepurple)
    Yes got a totally unexpected U in unit 4 (29UMS) even though I thought it had gone way better than buss3 which I ended up with an A in... Requested script back and teachers said it had been marked wrong. I.e. I reached Gap Gan on an essay but only got 8 marks overall. Now just waiting on remark!
    Hi there thankyou for your reply, certainly seems strange, please let me know when you get your remark back
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi there thankyou for your reply, certainly seems strange, please let me know when you get your remark back
    Thank you
    Yeah does seem very off! Will do! are you getting a remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dougiepurple)
    Yeah does seem very off! Will do! are you getting a remark?
    Thankyou, and well, i was thinking of getting one but i need to go up 36 ums to improve my grade to a B, so im not sure :/

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, and well, i was thinking of getting one but i need to go up 36 ums to improve my grade to a B, so im not sure :/
    i had 88 ums for buss3, and a U for buss4 with 29 ums. I sent it off for a remark cos I was only 6 ums off a b

ReputationRep:
    You should probably get this remarked, seems odd! Nearly everyone in my school failed their business studies (overall), literally only a handful passed and again only a handful passed buss 4 (me being a lucky one) our teacher didn't really teach us buss4 just printed notes from tutor2u and only focuses on EU ☹️
    Hi there,

I got 33 UMS!

thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Think back to what you did wrong last year and rectify that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.