Notebook/refill pad or Paper of A levels? Watch

kendo9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I'm starting my A levels in about a week and I want to know the best way to take notes etc. I'm doing maths further maths physics and economics as wellas the EPQ. For those of you with experience, particularly those who have done my subjects, do you think it's better to buy a refill pad for each subject and then take notes/revise in them or do you think I am better off buying a few ring binders and taking notes on paper and collecting them in the folder? Thanks
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bit of both; you should be getting lots of handouts that you need to file in a folder, preferably in a chronological order, and you should also be taking notes probably in a refill pad or a cheap exercise book just to keep it neat.
JN17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do maths&physics out of those, for maths I didn't do notes as it's so much about practice, I just had notepads filled with questions in class but it might be useful to just put each topic with formula on a separate sheet of paper for quick revision. During the year in physics I had a notepad with all work&notes and at the end of the year (april-ish) I rewrote everything into ~20-30 sheets of paper which covered majority of the textbook and I read through them in frees or if I was bored until I knew most of it by heart. Can't say for economics but maths&physics is mostly exam practice, and understanding concepts for physics.
kendo9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
JN17 IWMTom cheers guys!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed