Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Straight out of a long term relationship, when does it get better? Watch

I originally wasn't going to post on here but I'm really struggling at the moment.

I've been in a relationship for almost two years now and everything's been great. We argued occasionally but we appreciated each others flaws. Yesterday she turned up out of the blue and decided to end it before we move out to university in a few weeks. I was worried about university but whenever we spoke about it she always told me we'd figure it out, so I was prepared to put in the effort for a LDR, whether it worked out or not. From where I was standing yesterday it's clear that neither of us really wanted this, but she said that if she couldn't put in 100% it was unfair on me. She told me she loved me and that I was really good to her etc. and honestly it destroyed me. I understand she was trying to do the right thing for me, and for herself, and obviously I just want everything to go back to how it was but it's not going to.

This is part of life, although it sucks absolute balls, and even if no one replies to this just writing this out is helping me. I just want to know when it starts to get better

ReputationRep:
    She a ho and wants an array of meat when she gets to uni. Allow her that liberty.

Be thankful she didn't lead you on and inevitably cheat.

To get over this, realise that there are girls everywhere. There are no unicorn or snowflake girls. She was not your soulmate. You are not attached to her. Go gym, improve yourself. Do what you need to do. She does NOT love you.
    It starts to get better when you let mental logic win the battle over emotions. You are a man. You can do it.

Go forth and find new women - they are everywhere.

(Original post by RelucBeam)
    She a ho and wants an array of meat when she gets to uni. Allow her that liberty.

Be thankful she didn't lead you on and inevitably cheat.

To get over this, realise that there are girls everywhere. There are no unicorn or snowflake girls. She was not your soulmate. You are not attached to her. Go gym, improve yourself. Do what you need to do. She does NOT love you.
    It starts to get better when you let mental logic win the battle over emotions. You are a man. You can do it.

Go forth and find new women - they are everywhere.
    It wasn't like that man. I know how you could see it like that, honestly, but I know it wasn't. Whether you think I'm naive or not.

Also, I already go to the gym.

Thanks for trying though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know how you feel and I felt heartbroken when my boyfriend broke up with me(and I still do, I still think about him). Anyways, I think it would be best for you for guys to just settle down as friends. I'm still banging friends with my ex and I'm glad we still have the little banter we had when we were together. If this doesn't work then try to distract yourself and get someone to talk to you. Like I forgot about my ex when someone with a similar situation spoke to me and it really helped me(before my ex bombarded me that he missed me). Forget my rumbling and find someone to talk to. Pm if you want. I hope everything goes fine!

(Original post by Defraction)
    I know how you feel and I felt heartbroken when my boyfriend broke up with me(and I still do, I still think about him). Anyways, I think it would be best for you for guys to just settle down as friends. I'm still banging friends with my ex and I'm glad we still have the little banter we had when we were together. If this doesn't work then try to distract yourself and get someone to talk to you. Like I forgot about my ex when someone with a similar situation spoke to me and it really helped me(before my ex bombarded me that he missed me). Forget my rumbling and find someone to talk to. Pm if you want. I hope everything goes fine!
    Thank you so much Man, I think the thing messing me up the most is that someone can be so ingrained into your life and routine, and then in about an hour that can all go away completely. It just hurts. I get that'll it'll take time and I do have friends to talk to. It's just a *****y thing to go through s'all.

ReputationRep:
    Oh trust me you will get used to it, but i promise you it will get better. So many people go through these things and i can feel the you're very hurt. If this person actually cared for you they wouldn't do this. There are many people out there who can treat you better. So keep your chin up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It wasn't like that man. I know how you could see it like that, honestly, but I know it wasn't. Whether you think I'm naive or not.

Also, I already go to the gym.

Thanks for trying though.
    It it like that and yes you are naive. But that is to be expected at this stage.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.