Is eating one meal a day bad for me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by RomeoSantos)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Whilst I don't know anything about nutrition, that doesn't sound liek a great idea. Why are you doing that / how do you get by?

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you get all of your nutrients, proteins, carbs, fats etc.. within that one meal than yes. But that is extremely unlikely so no.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm no expert however from what I have heard it isn't a good idea as if you go without eating for too long a period as your body may enter starvstion mode which, when you then eat again may lead your body to conserve more of the energy as fat and you may put on weight. Also it's probably not a good idea to allow your blood sugar to crash and then peak should you go long periods without eating. It's probably best to have smaller, balanced meals more frequently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Whilst I don't know anything about nutrition, that doesn't sound liek a great idea. Why are you doing that / how do you get by?
    its because I wake up at 2pm, exercise and eat at maybe 4pm, then I'm not hungry again until perhaps 10-11pm at which time I go to bed anyway so don't eat anything

ReputationRep:
    No it's fine, I always tell people if your job/activity for the day is not physical, you really shouldn't be eating more than twice a day.
    If you are constantly running around or doing hard physical work, you need 3 meals.

Just make sure it's one large meal, or you will start dropping body weight. It may also be good to snack a bit inbetween as well to get extra calories.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yes, you'll mess up your metabolism.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Human body is remarkably resilient in its youth, you can really batter it and won't feel the effects till the late 40s. You can stick to one meal and you will survive no doubt, though they may affect your long term health.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.