UCL or King's/European Studies

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Help me now
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi there,

just a quick but urgent question.
I got accepted at UCL for the MSc in European Public Policy and got also accepted at King's for the MA in European Studies. Don't know how to decide, because I am not from England and have no experience with these universities. All rankings I found in the internet were for undergraduate courses. Can you help me with my decision? Thank you!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Help me now)
Hi there,

I got accepted at UCL for the MSc in European Public Policy and got also accepted at King's for the MA in European Studies. Don't know how to decide, because I am not from England and have no experience with these universities. All rankings I found in the internet were for undergraduate courses. Can you help me with my decision? Thank you!
Both Universities have a great reputation but I have no idea what their rankings are in terms iof their courses. Check out their websites, and find out if it's possible to speak to the programme co-ordinator, http://www.ucl.ac.uk/spp/teaching/ms...b_pol/past.php + http://www.kcl.ac.uk/pgp04/programme/106. London is a great place to study, and having been to both KCL/UCL open days I loved it but hopefully current students will reply to this thread to help you out.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Help me now)
Hi there,

Congratulations on getting onto these very impressive courses!!! Both universities have great reputations and both offer some of the most distinguished courses in the UK. If you want some cold hard stats to aid your decision then I would consider looking at such things as the RAE scores for each department you have a place with (these are available directly and are also included in The Times rankings). I don't have a great deal of experience with postgraduate study but I'm told that departments with higher research ratings usually recieve larger funding which supposedly translates to them having better research and teaching facilities as well as leading lecturers. I would however advise you not to read too much into any of the information which you read during your research because both are great universities and I'm sure that any differences in the quality of the courses will be negligable. Try and look into the content of both courses and decide which of the two appeals to you the most. Is it going to be too difficult for you to visit the both before you make your decision?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (12)
11.21%
A mix of in-person and online options (21)
19.63%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (64)
59.81%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (10)
9.35%

Watched Threads