Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm heading into my second year of my psychology degree and I had a few worries that maybe a few of you could help me with

1. I had a rough year last year and had a few fallouts and issues with people on my course and I wondered the best way to get over this and how to cope with it all, as was so overwhelming and I'm worried about going back and facing everything. I have learning difficulties so find stuff like this hard.

2. I'm not sure how to cope with the workload as I've heard year two is much harder and way more intense, how do you cope? Is it really that hard?

3. How to revise! I have way more exams this week and I need tips to remember everything!!! Psychology is hard as there is so much to remember!

Thank you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by VictoriaWhiting)
    So I'm heading into my second year of my psychology degree and I had a few worries that maybe a few of you could help me with

1. I had a rough year last year and had a few fallouts and issues with people on my course and I wondered the best way to get over this and how to cope with it all, as was so overwhelming and I'm worried about going back and facing everything. I have learning difficulties so find stuff like this hard.

2. I'm not sure how to cope with the workload as I've heard year two is much harder and way more intense, how do you cope? Is it really that hard?

3. How to revise! I have way more exams this week and I need tips to remember everything!!! Psychology is hard as there is so much to remember!

Thank you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can only talk about my own experiences at the university I'm at but:

1) It sounds like getting in touch with your personal tutor (or your universities equivalent) would be a good starting place for something like this and possibly getting in touch with the counselling service/wellbeing service too if you had a rough year. They'll be able to help you start to work through things

2) I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but I found the workload to increase in 2nd year The difficulty of the content didn't increase that much but deadlines seemed to be much more clustered together than in 1st year. My university thankfully released the dates of all the coursework for the whole academic year in September and so I was able to plan my time incredibly far in advance which helped me when I had mutlple deadlines close together - something it might be worth asking your university for?

3) Honestly, this will vary so much from person to person. What works as a revision technique for one individual may not for another but what it's worth; I initially do really, really detailed lecture notes throughout the year and then when it's coming up to exam season, I condense these notes I've made - generally by half into my revision notes. The next thing I do is literally just recite them out loud to myself over and over and over bit by bit until I'm able to recall them without needing to look at my notes As said, revision techniques will vary greatly from person to person :^_^:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.