Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically, my dream has always been to be a doctor. Obviously I didn't know it was such a 'processy' process. But that still hasn't deterred me.

The only thing (not really the only thing) is that I haven't got any work experience and I don't feel prepared for the UKCAT which is on Wednesday.

So now I've changed my plan and instead:
    - I would just apply for Biomedical Science degrees this year and get experience as well to see if I REALLY want a job as a doctor in the NHS, because right now its only a dream and I'm not sure if it's right for me.
    -Take the UKCAT next summer after my exams if I feel like I still want to do it
    -Apply for 2018 entry with actual results which I hope would put me in a better position

and if I feel like it isn't for me I still have the option of doing Biomedical Science

However, the uni that I want to go to, I feel like I would have a great shot at getting into their Biomedical Science Course with an unconditional offer because I have great GCSEs (currently going into A2) and I've started to outline my personal statement for that which is looking pretty strong.

If in the future I'd want to do medicine at that same university, would they still accept me even though I rejected their offer?

Because I really want to go there, I've been to several open days and overall, it looks like the place for me.

I don't want to put myself in the position that I won't be able to go there for either option.
    I would call them but it's the weekend and I need to know by Monday so I can cancel my UKCAT exam.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by a_d_e)
    So basically, my dream has always been to be a doctor. Obviously I didn't know it was such a 'processy' process. But that still hasn't deterred me.

The only thing (not really the only thing) is that I haven't got any work experience and I don't feel prepared for the UKCAT which is on Wednesday.

- I would just apply for Biomedical Science degrees this year and get experience as well to see if I REALLY want a job as a doctor in the NHS, because right now its only a dream and I'm not sure if it's right for me.
    -Apply for 2018 entry with actual results which I hope would put me in a better position

and if I feel like it isn't for me I still have the option of doing Biomedical Science

However, the uni that I want to go to, I feel like I would have a great shot at getting into their Biomedical Science Course with an unconditional offer because I have great GCSEs (currently going into A2) and I've started to outline my personal statement for that which is looking pretty strong.

If in the future I'd want to do medicine at that same university, would they still accept me even though I rejected their offer?

Because I really want to go there, I've been to several open days and overall, it looks like the place for me.

I don't want to put myself in the position that I won't be able to go there for either option.
    I would call them but it's the weekend and I need to know by Monday so I can cancel my UKCAT exam.
    The medical school wouldn't even know, nor would they particularly care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_d_e)

As ForestCat said, they simply don't care. Even if you were to study biomedical science & apply for medicine at the same university you wouldn't be given preference because you studied there previously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you'll get an unconditional offer?

Unconditional offers are usually reserved for people who have already met all of the conditions, i.e. have sat their A-levels and got the results. Any biomedical science degree will require A-levels, therefore you won't have met the conditions until you've sat them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.