Turn on thread page Beta

I keep cheating on my boyfriend... watch

ReputationRep:
    ...in my dreams.

At first I only had one every few months or so. Now they're closer together -I've had two in the past week.

In every dream its a different guy, and it always feels really exciting and reckless. I'm always aware that I'm cheating and I don't care. I only ever kiss them, nothing more.

When I wake up I feel so guilty for hours afterwards - I've gone out with my boyfriend for two years now and I really love him. I have never actually cheated on him and I never will.

Does anyone know what this might mean?

ReputationRep:
    Why feel guilty about dreams? You can't really control them and they are not your fault.

Dreams don't mean anything, no hocus pocus involved. Forget about them. No one will know and they won't impact your life in any other way.

ReputationRep:
    its just a dream

ReputationRep:
    forget it.

ReputationRep:
    its a dream... at the end of the day, its u that chooses to cheat, your dream has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    I know...I keep telling myself that but I still feel guilty!

Surely if you're having a recurring dream it has to have some kind of hidden meaning?

ReputationRep:
    no, its all lies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mishael)
    ...in my dreams.

At first I only had one every few months or so. Now they're closer together -I've had two in the past week.

In every dream its a different guy, and it always feels really exciting and reckless. I'm always aware that I'm cheating and I don't care. I only ever kiss them, nothing more.

When I wake up I feel so guilty for hours afterwards - I've gone out with my boyfriend for two years now and I really love him. I have never actually cheated on him and I never will.

Don't worry about that. Its quite funny

ReputationRep:
    I know...I keep telling myself that but I still feel guilty!

Surely if you're having a recurring dream it has to have some kind of hidden meaning?
    ask freud!
    although he said a broken candle stick means a man is worried about impotence - so i wouldnt take too much notice of the hidden meanings in dreams if i were you

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily... i die in my dreams all the time... so im guna die... no time soon i hope lol

ReputationRep:
    It probably means you're just kidding yourself when you think you're in love with him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    ask freud!
    although he said a broken candle stick means a man is worried about impotence - so i wouldnt take too much notice of the hidden meanings in dreams if i were you
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    ask freud!
    Haha, I keep meaning to buy a book about him. Was there anything that he didn't have a sexual reference to?

ReputationRep:
    ask freud!
    Whatever you do - don't ask any Freudians - You'll be scarred for the rest of your life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    LOL
    i used that example in my psychology exam for AO2

ReputationRep:
    Freud cracks me up... dirty old man

ReputationRep:
    Dreams fon't mean any thing. For example a couple of months ago I had a dream that aliens invaded Earth and I lead a couter attack against them (for some reason they had no weapons but still managed to take control - we attacked them with rulers, etc). Now I don't think that this is about to happen, do you? lol :rolleyes:

Don't worry, just lie back and enjoy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    ...in my dreams.

i girl, with a boyfriend, told me she was having dreams about me haing sex with her, its pretty shocking, like what are ya sopposed to do, go over and f*** her and then have her boyfriend come after you.

although, they say dreams are what a person most desires.

Mod Expression - Watch the language please. Post amended to remove profanity

ReputationRep:
    ...in my dreams.

The thing about dream interpretation is that it's not always the stuff that you DO that's important. I suspect that it's not the kissing another guy part, but the fact that it feels exciting and reckless that's important in your dream. If you feel bored with your life, then the kissing could symbolise that rather than meaning anything about your relationship. The fact that it's a different guy could suggest a need for variety in your life, perhaps?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.