The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough to go into law? Other respected unis?

Congratulations on everyone recieving their results , i hope you all got what you wanted.I just wanted to know if these results would be good enough to get into competitive universities around the world. An honest and blunt opinion would be greatly appreciated.IGCSE Results ( All Edexcel) Biology -A*Business -A ( 2 marks off- sending for remark)ESL -A*History- A*Physics -A*Maths- BEnglish language -BEnglish Literature B - 1 mark off (Sending for remark)Statistics B- 1 mark offSo all in all. 5A*. 1A . 4B.'s .If i get the remark done and luck's on my side. 6A*. 1A. 3B's.I just want to know your thoughts and if i should be satisfied and if they are good enough to get into good universities . I plan to go on and study law . Thoughts?Thank you in advance for your valuable opinions and your time.
Of course they are fine! Universities really don't care too much about GCSEs. Most ask for a B (or even a C) in maths and English language. Oxbridge applicants tend to have more A*s (though not always) - Oxford like A*s at GCSE while Cambridge care more about your AS UMS averages. You'll be fine applying to top universities. Focus on your A Levels - they are MUCH more important than GCSEs.
Original post by victoria98
Of course they are fine! Universities really don't care too much about GCSEs. Most ask for a B (or even a C) in maths and English language. Oxbridge applicants tend to have more A*s (though not always) - Oxford like A*s at GCSE while Cambridge care more about your AS UMS averages. You'll be fine applying to top universities. Focus on your A Levels - they are MUCH more important than GCSEs.

Yeah its fine. I do law at a Red Brick and at GCSE I got 2A*s, 7A's and 2 B's
What do you guys think about my GCSEs ? I would like to do Philosophy and Theology at Oxford.

English Lit:A*
English Language:A*
Business:A*
History:A
Physics:A
Biology:A
Drama:A
Maths:B
French:B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest