Rajive
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I wanted to do geography a-level, but I only got a C in GCSE. Would I struggle too much?
username1408342
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you really tried in Geography GCSE and got a C, I wouldn't take it at A Level. However, if you know you can put a lot more effort in at A Level, I don't see why not.
OwlOfFire
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You probably would struggle, I wouldn't do a subject unless you got a B in it at GCSE
Rajive
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ChrisP97)
If you really tried in Geography GCSE and got a C, I wouldn't take it at A Level. However, if you know you can put a lot more effort in at A Level, I don't see why not.
Well I could have tried a bit more.
RelucBeam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, probably. Do something else
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
If you think your C was due to a lack of effort and you're prepared to do more, then go for it at AS.

I achieved a D in German GCSE and just finished AS with a grade A; there's no reason a GCSE grade should hold you back
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads