Medicine- which uni????

Watch this thread
alicepalacexx
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Which uni has the lowest entry requirements for medicine, and still is on the Russell group list? I am very worried about starting A levels and not being able to achieve straight A's at A2. Any advice or less pressuring routes to medicine?
Number 9
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Bad news buddy. There are no medical schools with entry requirements below AAA for the standard 5-6 year courses. Better get cracking on getting those straight As.

As for "less pressuring routes", there are 6 year widening access courses out there with slightly lower entry requirements but the competition ratios are so ludicrously high that it's probably easier to just get AAA at A level and apply to the standard courses.
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alicepalacexx)
Which uni has the lowest entry requirements for medicine, and still is on the Russell group list? I am very worried about starting A levels and not being able to achieve straight A's at A2. Any advice or less pressuring routes to medicine?
Apart from foundation courses, they will all require a minimum of AAA at a-level. Russell group does not matter one bit for medicine.

Try not to worry too much. Its always scary moving from GCSE to a-level. See how the first year goes before you start worrying about not being able to get AAA.
Shadow Hunters
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I mean any medicine applicant just wants to get INTO a medicine course and prestige such as Russell group is NOT priority. The only thing I can imagine could excuse slightly lower grades is an above average UKCAT result.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.31%
The paper was reasonable (226)
42.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.69%

Watched Threads