Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...ing-brexiteers

:lol

ReputationRep:

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm slightly worried for the future of our country, the whole thing would be very funny indeed. It's nice to sit back and watch Brexiters becoming increasingly angry that 'Brexit' isn't happening as they'd hoped... even though none of them had a clue what it'd look like anyway.

This week, it was announced that the NHS was in some financial bother. Where's that £350m a week?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm slightly worried for the future of our country, the whole thing would be very funny indeed. It's nice to sit back and watch Brexiters becoming increasingly angry that 'Brexit' isn't happening as they'd hoped... even though none of them had a clue what it'd look like anyway.

This week, it was announced that the NHS was in some financial bother. Where's that £350m a week?
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    wtf are you lot on about, its going exactly what I expected.

ReputationRep:

We aren't out the EU yet smartass. If you thought that us leaving the EU would have no consequences at all, no matter what side you are, stop talking and educate yourself. We're two months after the vote, of course there has been consequences. The same would happen to any major country leaving any political and/or economic bloc.

ReputationRep:

It is still going to the EU as we haven't left it yet?

ReputationRep:
    ^^^

There's those angry Brexiters I was talking about.

ReputationRep:

We do not have it yet. We still have to pay up until the period we finally pull out of Europe which May has delayed again- some predictions say May will finally pull out towards the back end of 2017. In short lets say the EU is a subscription, we still have to pay our fees until we officially invoke article 50 then two calendar years after that. It seems like you have not been awake since June 24th, it has been covered quite heavily in the press.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by samir12)
    It is still going to the EU as we haven't left it yet?
    I do hope you're just trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracens Fez)
    It seems like you have not been awake since June 24th, it has been covered quite heavily in the press.
    I've been awake. I jest. I know that the £350m thing was a lie, one of many told by the Leave campaign.

But while I was having a laugh at the expense of my pro-Brexit compadres, I thought I may as well add a little tongue-in-cheek comment.

ReputationRep:
    dude,
    let the issue die. it's over. it's done.
    I know it sucks to not get want you want from a referendum (I remember 2011) but at least I didn't do *this*...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    dude,
    let the issue die. it's over. it's done.
    I know it sucks to not get want you want from a referendum (I remember 2011) but at least I didn't do *this*...
    Yeah. But in 2011 we were dealing with the way we voted. Once the referendum happened, the issue was pretty much over. I imagine that it mattered quite a lot to many people, but in reality, the result of the 2011 referendum had very, very little impact on anyone,

The time it's different. Totally different - and a lot is at stake. We now face a period of immense instability and uncertainty. Whatever happens, there will be very real consequences for a lot of people. Just today, it was reported that 75% of people are now likely to see their pension dip below recommended levels, because of the financial turmoil Brexit is, and will, cause.

I wouldn't expect anyone to just 'get over' the result. In fact, the more noise the better. the Leave campaign made a lot of promises - and it'd be a shame for them to be able hide from them.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.