Changed Grade Watch

Salman_I_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I collected my A Level results last week from college and received a B in Edexcel Psychology.

I paid for the priority photocopies of the modules (Unit 2 from AS and Units 3 & 4 from A2) on results day, but was emailed by the exams officer from my college later in the day, stating that the photocopies are currently unavailable and if I still wanted to see them I should speak to the Head of the school, so I replied and said, don't bother, it's fine.

Today, I received a letter stating "On your provisional exam results statement the grade released to you was B, with a module grade of a (80) for Unit 6PS03"

"Grades are made available to Colleges by the awarding bodies the day before the release to students. The College downloaded all grades on the morning of the 17th August in order to prepare the results slips to all students. These were then issued to students on the morning of 18th August".

"On further investigation, it has become apparent that revised grades were issued by Pearson later on the afternoon of 17th August. The reason for the revision is due to moderation by Pearson. This has resulted in a revised overall grade of C with a module grade of- d (40)".

I received A, 80/80 UMS in the Unit 3 module before, now it's D, 40/80 UMS.
And for the Unit 4 A2 module I received D, 60/120 UMS. I remember reading articles about the Exam boards "Guesstimating" grades last year when scripts go "missing", seems like that's what they did, since both A2 units are now 50% UMS each. Btw for AS last year, I got A, in Unit 1, 64/80 UMS and C in unit 2, 78/120 UMS. I retook Unit 2 this year and got B, 88/120 UMS.

Anyone have any idea what might have happened?
Salman_I_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just found out the same thing happened to someone else in our class, his Unit 3 was changed from A to E, overall grade from A to C.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (378)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.35%

Watched Threads