Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't orgasm during sex without thinking of someone else watch

I have been with my girlfriend for three months now and I can never orgasm without thinking of another girl. :o: She is my first so I am just wondering if this is normal or happens to other people too?

ReputationRep:
    Sad.

Bump
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Are you attracted to your girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    That's kind of messed up.

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Are you attracted to your girlfriend?
    Yes I have no problem "getting it up", just with having an orgasm.

ReputationRep:
    Even though it's normal to find other people attractive...thinking about them during sex with your partner isn't a good indicator for your relationship at all.

Would you question the relationship knowing your girlfriend struggled to orgasm unless she thought of someone else?
    It's especially concerning as you've only been together for a very short time. At three months I struggled to think of anything else other than my boyfriend constantly.

I realise you probably do find her attractive...but does she excite you? Are you genuinely happy to be with her and does sex with her excite and interest and drive you nuts? It seems to me like it doesn't seeing as you can't orgasm on purely having sex with her.

Who is it that you're thinking of? A girl you know in real life? An ex? A made up fantasy? A celebrity?

What is so different about the other girl that makes the difference? Is it that your girlfriend isn't doing what you want sexually, or is it the appearance of the girl?

I would say these are important questions.
    However, I also have a feeling you probably shouldn't be with her if she isn't doing it for you.

ReputationRep:
    happens to many people. just make sure you never tell her and your safe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELVsLP)
    happens to many people. just make sure you never tell her and your safe!
    Thinking about other people might be common, but being literally unable to orgasm if you're purely thinking about your partner isn't what I would call being "safe". I agree with not telling her, it'll just cause hurt and possible irreparable damage to her self esteem and mental health, but what about the OP? Can the OP really live the rest of their life knowing their partner isn't truly satisfying them? It's also not fair to their partner making her think she's with someone who wants her the way she wants them.

The problem here isn't really the thinking of other people (though I personally think that doing that during sex is awful), it's the fact it has to be someone other than his partner or else he can't orgasm whatsoever! It is not fair for either of them that the OP continues like this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.