The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Anonymous
It seems like all the non-oriental girls like everything else but us. It's rare to see a Chinese guy in a relationship with a non-oriental girl. Do I have to start becoming a gym lad to even get noticed? I can't help it if I enjoy things that are STEM related and it falls within the stereotype of my ethnicity. I was born in the UK as well, so I'm familiar with English culture.

So do you just naturally find most (or all of us) unattractive?

It's nice if a guy works out at a gym, but it is not the be all and end all. I like STEM subjects, and I don't think it is a turn off for most girls. But I usually see Chinese or other East Asians around others or dating others the same race and it's really hard to get a look in. I'm black and I have seen about three Black-Chinese couples but I will probably see more Caucasian-Chinses couples. If a Chinese guy likes non-oriental girls, I think it actually needs to show approachability. Even with friendships. The majority of my Oriental friends are work colleagues and hardly any are from my university. So it is nothing to do with not liking Oriental people, rather the general lack of interest from the other party to mingle.
From a scientific perspective East-Asian men have less sex appeal than men of other races because they are less masculine ( they have less lower levels of testosterone and less ability to absorb it than people of European or Western African ancestry) than men of other races. The more masculine you are, the more sexually attractive you are to women. The effect of this trend is increased for women who are ovulating (so being masculine gives you even more sex appeal than it already does). Although I do think there are more significant factors in play e.g. media, cultural variations etc., this is just one other explanation

tl;dr

East-Asian men are less masculine and therefore women of different ethnic background might subconsciously not be attracted to them.

I like the honest feedback here. It's not like I had the choice to decide what ethnicity I want to be before I was born. Is that why us oriental guys have almost no facial and body hair? Because of the testosterone thing?
From a scientific perspective East-Asian men have less sex appeal than men of other races because they are less masculine ( they have less lower levels of testosterone and less ability to absorb it than people of European or Western African ancestry) than men of other races. The more masculine you are, the more sexually attractive you are to women. The effect of this trend is increased for women who are ovulating (so being masculine gives you even more sex appeal than it already does). Although I do think there are more significant factors in play e.g. media, cultural variations etc., this is just one other explanation

tl;dr

East-Asian men are less masculine and therefore women of different ethnic background might subconsciously not be attracted to them.

Broscientist race realism peddled by white men to make themselves feel better about having a buffer race to stop black men crushing their little post-colonial existential bubble of self-esteem.

Science mother ****ers:
https://ethnicmuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/east-asian-testosterone-i/
https://ethnicmuse.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/east-asians-testosterone-ii/
Original post by slade p
I was making fun of it, but I'm not bothered, especially since you're a Bengali girl. Good for you if you think Chinese guys are better. But all you are doing in your posts is saying that you don't like south Asians guys, so you clearly have a chip on your shoulder and even non south Asian guys are not buying it because No one spends all there time simply pointing out they don't like certain people. On top of that you're begging for attention from guy like some desperate girl who doesn't get attention from guys.

To be honest she probably likes those Indo-Aryans that basically comprise of the elite in India (i.e. remnants of British/other colonial expansion) . Basically white guy admixtures with light shades of brown. It's a "No" for the masses of Dravidians though.

And lol at Indians looking down their noses at other Asians when Mongoloids were the original kings of the Mughal Dynasty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babur

http://indiafacts.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Mughal-Dynasty.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Babur_and_Humayun.jpg

Those Mughal rulers look pretty damn Mongoloid to me... i.e. very genetically similar to Chinese people. Genetic variance between pure Mongoloid types is very small compared to differences between Indo Aryans and Indo Dravidians.
It seems like all the non-oriental girls like everything else but us. It's rare to see a Chinese guy in a relationship with a non-oriental girl. Do I have to start becoming a gym lad to even get noticed? I can't help it if I enjoy things that are STEM related and it falls within the stereotype of my ethnicity. I was born in the UK as well, so I'm familiar with English culture.

I'm non-oriental and I only like East Asian guys.
There's loads of East Asian guys (mainly Chinese) in my uni, but I always assumed they wouldn't be interested in a non E. Asian girl :colondollar:
Original post by rainbowdust
There's loads of East Asian guys (mainly Chinese) in my uni, but I always assumed they wouldn't be interested in a non E. Asian girl :colondollar:

im guessing its a london uni?
Reply 126
Original post by rainbowdust

We do like girls who aren't East Asian though. Me being one of them.
Original post by UWS
We do like girls who aren't East Asian though. Me being one of them.

Which girls you like most who are not oriental?

You guys are attractive but I just think that you wouldn't like non oriental girls or try to talk to us at all.
Kris, Luhan, Tao, Jackson are all fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and they are chinese.
Btw i'm indian.
Chinese boys have such good style and they're cute af.
Nope.
They're fit asf
There are many videos on YouTube about oriental guys and non oriental girls, including many where oriental guys ask usually white girls if they like oriental guys lol.
Yes 🙂
Black girl here that is definitely attracted to Asian men. Speaking as another minority typically ignored in the dating world, it's best to stop worrying about whether other races find you attractive. Ignore the statistics and the studies - they do nothing but hurt your self-esteem. You don't need everyone to see beauty in you - you only need the right person. And if you can recognise the beauty and value in yourself, you don't even need that. Once I realised that I got a lot happier.
I'm white and I'm attracted to East Asian guys. Also studied STEM myself.
Reply 136
Which girls you like most who are not oriental?

South Asian probably? Then white girls...
Kris, Luhan, Tao, Jackson are all fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and they are chinese.
Btw i'm indian.
Chinese boys have such good style and they're cute af.

Kris is very cool. Model and first non British Burberry brand ambassador. Up and coming film star with xxx: Return of Xander Cage.

https://www.dramafever.com/st/news/images/88b89df0-e992-4088-b5a6-b5bc720e89c8.jpg

http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/thumbs/full/478839/600/0/0/0/kris-wu-wu-yifan-and-vin-diesel.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/f18e0a078e61a06f291676beec4fdbd7/tumblr_inline_o3ww3sQqTW1u1f8i7_540.jpg
I like the honest feedback here. It's not like I had the choice to decide what ethnicity I want to be before I was born. Is that why us oriental guys have almost no facial and body hair? Because of the testosterone thing?

Yes, however I do want to point out that I have been in a relationship with a Korean guy before and I am now dating a Chinese guy for a year now (I am East-African/Korean) and I really do think that women of other ethnic backgrounds are starting to show more and more interest in East-Asian men, especially with the rise of K-pop etc.

However, I've seen that a lot of East-Asian guys tend to be shy and not very sociable which, to me, is very unattractive. So, I reckon if you have some more confidence in yourself, other girls will start to like you, regardless of their backgrounds.
Original post by Proxenus
im guessing its a london uni?

Nope. Manchester.

Latest

Trending

Trending