Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to know if im on the right track to get to cambridge / oxford uni:
    Results:
    English Lit A
    English Lang B ( Hopefully a appeal to get an A as i am 1 UMS away --- so annoyed xD)
    Maths A*
    Physics A*
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Geography A*
    Chinese A*
    PE - Distinction*
    Art - A
    French - B
    Prep for working Life - 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OKPeaceHD)
    Just wanted to know if im on the right track to get to cambridge / oxford uni:
    Results:
    English Lit A
    English Lang B ( Hopefully a appeal to get an A as i am 1 UMS away --- so annoyed xD)
    Maths A*
    Physics A*
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Geography A*
    Chinese A*
    PE - Distinction*
    Art - A
    French - B
    Prep for working Life - 2
    Déja Vu?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it's not all about GCSE, you still need MINIMUM ABBB at AS plus there's the pre interview tests (especially at Cambridge) which you have to do really well in and then you still need a really good PS with work exp etc

So yes your GCSE's are good enough but there's much more to an Oxbridge application than just your GCSE

ReputationRep:
    These ****ing threads I swear to god if I see another I'll rip my throat out. There's not a 'set amount' of A*'s you need at gcse to get into oxbridge. There are people who have all A*'s at GCSE who didn't get in, and people with very few A*'s who have. You obviously know you've done well, surely if you're smart enough to get those grades, you're smart enough to look on their websites, and decide for yourself.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    Yes, but it's not all about GCSE, you still need MINIMUM ABBB at AS plus there's the pre interview tests (especially at Cambridge) which you have to do really well in and then you still need a really good PS with work exp etc

So yes your GCSE's are good enough but there's much more to an Oxbridge application than just your GCSE
    Oxford has been setting pre-interview tests for longer than Cambridge in most cases.

And you don't need work experience, except for Medicine.

But the comment about "more ... than just GCSEs" is certainly true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OP, your GCSEs are adequate. Now you have to nail your A levels/ interviews/ admissions tests.
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    These ****ing threads I swear to god if I see another I'll rip my throat out.
    You'd better stay out of the forum, then, because that sounds painful and possibly fatal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.