username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have a few questions that I hope someone has the answer to. Anyways, in GCSE I never had a book for ICT, do you think I will need one to take notes in ALEVELs? Also, is it best that I bring a book to take notes for each subject or should I just take one book for all the subjects and then rewrite them in to individual books at home at the end of the week. (I think carrying two books and a water bottle is heavy already, imagine having to carry textbooks as well.)
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kayeen)
I have a few questions that I hope someone has the answer to. Anyways, in GCSE I never had a book for ICT, do you think I will need one to take notes in ALEVELs? Also, is it best that I bring a book to take notes for each subject or should I just take one book for all the subjects and then rewrite them in to individual books at home at the end of the week. (I think carrying two books and a water bottle is heavy already, imagine having to carry textbooks as well.)
I did A Level ICT with WJEC, and the lessons were split into practical lessons and theory lessons. In the practical lessons we worked on the computers, but in the theory lessons we had to take notes. Therefore, I'd suggest taking some sheets of lined paper to lessons, just in case yours are done similarly to how mine were.

I would also recommend just taking one ring binder folder, with file dividers in it separating the work for your different subjects, instead of taking several books/folders with you everyday
username2817576
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
I did A Level ICT with WJEC, and the lessons were split into practical lessons and theory lessons. In the practical lessons we worked on the computers, but in the theory lessons we had to take notes. Therefore, I'd suggest taking some sheets of lined paper to lessons, just in case yours are done similarly to how mine were.

I would also recommend just taking one ring binder folder, with file dividers in it separating the work for your different subjects, instead of taking several books/folders with you everyday
Thank you this helps a lot. Also, is Alevel ICT easy or at least similar to ICT GCSE. I got an A in GCSE so if Alevel is similar and as easy that would be awesome.
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you this helps a lot. Also, is Alevel ICT easy or at least similar to ICT GCSE. I got an A in GCSE so if Alevel is similar and as easy that would be awesome.
I'm not sure about other exam boards, but at AS WJEC ICT covers a lot of the same topics as AQA ICT at GCSE, A2 gets a bit more in-depth. With WJEC, A Level ICT is straightforward in that you don't really have to understand the content, you just need to learn all of the mark schemes for the different exam questions. Basically, it's a subject where memorisation is key, as opposed to understanding!

I got an A in GCSE ICT, and a B at A Level (3 marks off an A)
james Thompson56
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At my sixth form everyone just has a4 lined paper that we take notes on and then we file that in lever arch files and yes it will be heavy especially if you have multiple subjects in one day.
username2817576
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
I'm not sure about other exam boards, but at AS WJEC ICT covers a lot of the same topics as AQA ICT at GCSE, A2 gets a bit more in-depth. With WJEC, A Level ICT is straightforward in that you don't really have to understand the content, you just need to learn all of the mark schemes for the different exam questions. Basically, it's a subject where memorisation is key, as opposed to understanding!

I got an A in GCSE ICT, and a B at A Level (3 marks off an A)
Hopefully it's just memorisation, I'm kinda good with that sometimes ahah. Thank you.
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hopefully it's just memorisation, I'm kinda good with that sometimes ahah. Thank you.
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (25)
21.01%
No (94)
78.99%

Watched Threads