I think this will answer your ''D'' and ''E'' in AQA GEO

Watch
Fly.RK_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
They probably never came around to marking your CA, I feel like that is why my grade is at a ''D'' overall.

**** it, I'm going to remark. Has anyone had success so far, this year, with remarking AQA GEO?!
Fly.RK_
Rep:
?
I mean, I know this won't be for everyone, but I haven't yet ****ing recieved my CA or exam marks yet.
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fly.RK_)
They probably never came around to marking your CA, I feel like that is why my grade is at a ''D'' overall.

**** it, I'm going to remark. Has anyone had success so far, this year, with remarking AQA GEO?!
Your Unit 3 UMS mark will be on your slip. I suppose you're just bad at Geography.
Jamie Vardy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Na, it's not on the ****ing slip. It doesn't say, you ****ing rebel.
For Computer Science, I got no exam grades whatsoever - no coursework or anything so you're not the only one.
worksmartnothard
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg! Is this RKtothesky?! Did you make a new account?? That's why I couldn't pm you!! I was wondering how you got on in your exams? Sorry to hear about the geography mishap, it must be so frustrating! I'm sure your mark will go up in the remark!! I somehow managed to get an A* and I have absolutely no idea how?! Xx
worksmartnothard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Vardy)
For Computer Science, I got no exam grades whatsoever - no coursework or anything so you're not the only one.
I remember you making fun of me in the official AQA gcse geography thread because I found the exam hard lol... How did you get on in geography??
mygcserevision
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
guys I was 8ums away from an A* in gcse geog aqa. Should I get it remarked? its like 4 marks. Ive been an A* student all year round and got an a overall
Jamie Vardy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by worksmartnothard)
I remember you making fun of me in the official AQA gcse geography thread because I found the exam hard lol... How did you get on in geography??
AAC respectively so two marks off an A.
123moon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I also did AQA Geo and I was one UMS off a C overall (got 239 needed 240) so I've sent off one of my papers and are waiting! Does anyone know how many more marks I need?
worksmartnothard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Vardy)
AAC respectively so two marks off an A.
A B is still good, well done.
Fly.RK_
Rep:
?
(Original post by worksmartnothard)
Omg! Is this RKtothesky?! Did you make a new account?? That's why I couldn't pm you!! I was wondering how you got on in your exams? Sorry to hear about the geography mishap, it must be so frustrating! I'm sure your mark will go up in the remark!! I somehow managed to get an A* and I have absolutely no idea how?! Xx
No, it's not me! ;-)
I'm going to be sending all my papers and CA for a remark, but first I need my grade breakdowns; coming next week.

I'll PM you later. x
Fly.RK_
Rep:
?
(Original post by 123moon)
Well I also did AQA Geo and I was one UMS off a C overall (got 239 needed 240) so I've sent off one of my papers and are waiting! Does anyone know how many more marks I need?
Even better, you could've jus sent your CA.
MattB_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Idk, I got A* with 100% UMS on CA, but if you are within a few marks of a boundary or are a few boundaries below what you would've expected you might as well send it off to get remarked
RyujinTanaka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a natural A* Student in Geography- for some reason I ended up with a low B overall. I realised that my coursework was bumped down from an 60/60 (A*) to a C grade. In the exam- which I found to be quite easy, I ended up getting low B's too. This resulted in my grade B overall
I still have yet to complain to my school about this as quite frankly, I haven't had the time but I will soon.

However, I've heard that coursework cannot be remarked- if it is then the school has to file a remark for everyone's coursework that got sent off. Which is a one in a million chance as it is quite costly.
Fly.RK_
Rep:
?
(Original post by RyujinTanaka)
I'm a natural A* Student in Geography- for some reason I ended up with a low B overall. I realised that my coursework was bumped down from an 60/60 (A*) to a C grade. In the exam- which I found to be quite easy, I ended up getting low B's too. This resulted in my grade B overall
I still have yet to complain to my school about this as quite frankly, I haven't had the time but I will soon.

However, I've heard that coursework cannot be remarked- if it is then the school has to file a remark for everyone's coursework that got sent off. Which is a one in a million chance as it is quite costly.
I remarked it via a private school, so my CA will be marked.
worksmartnothard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, it's not me! ;-)
I'm going to be sending all my papers and CA for a remark, but first I need my grade breakdowns; coming next week.

I'll PM you later. x
Haha, cool!
123moon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even better, you could've jus sent your CA.
At my school I'm not even sure we can get our CA remarked but tbh I don't know I'm not that confident that it would go up in fact I think quite the opposite but it would probably be the last resort if I seriously have to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (124)
41.47%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.04%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise