Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna retake my core science in year 10 (starts september), and do additional and further same year! I want to get an A or an A* in all could someone with good grades help please? And tell me when in the year to revise (b1 b2 b3 p1 p2 p3 c1 c2 c3). Im happy to start revising september.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by nawedxperia)
    Im gonna retake my core science in year 10 (starts september), and do additional and further same year! I want to get an A or an A* in all could someone with good grades help please? And tell me when in the year to revise (b1 b2 b3 p1 p2 p3 c1 c2 c3). Im happy to start revising september.
    It'll be a slight challenge but I did something similar-ish at A-level (I did 9 units in Maths in one year) on top of two other subjects, it's not impossible but will take some hard work.

I would say do B1, P1, C1 (in any order...) and then the 2's and then the 3's. After finishing the 1's for each subject, do some revision over all of them, whether it's just a past paper or two each or just reading through the textbook or having someone test you orally on the notes or textbook. Perhaps it would help to have notes on flash cards for this purpose.

In terms of time, something like one unit every 2-3 weeks would mean that you finish in time for exams, but honestly, just aim to do things as quickly as possible (but giving enough unit each time, of course) and see how much time you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    It'll be a slight challenge but I did something similar-ish at A-level (I did 9 units in Maths in one year) on top of two other subjects, it's not impossible but will take some hard work.

I would say do B1, P1, C1 (in any order...) and then the 2's and then the 3's. After finishing the 1's for each subject, do some revision over all of them, whether it's just a past paper or two each or just reading through the textbook or having someone test you orally on the notes or textbook. Perhaps it would help to have notes on flash cards for this purpose.

In terms of time, something like one unit every 2-3 weeks would mean that you finish in time for exams, but honestly, just aim to do things as quickly as possible (but giving enough unit each time, of course) and see how much time you need.
    thanks for your answer! by unit you mean like a section? so say for physics solar system is one unit then electromagnetic spectrum is the next.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.