xrebecca225
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Looking at all of this talk about academic score I'm left disappointed and slightly confused. I am looking to apply for the medicine with the premilinary year course at Cardiff. My gcse grades were only 5A*s 4As and 2Bs so wouldn't get a look in with the academic score I would achieve. I wondered if the grading is the same for the preliminary year programme? At Alevel I achieved 4As. I have recently graduated with a 2:1 in law from the University of Bristol. I was hoping someone could clarify the standing degree classification and Alevels have on your academic score? Surely it can't be justified just by going on your GCSEs but I have been wrong before. I have medical law knowledge as I studied it as a module during my degree. Also my dissertation was on how the law governing emergency research on neonates is inadequate. I am also working as a healthcare assistant for a year, have a placement in a hospital, been volunteering for 2 years and often run half marathons for charity. I thought all of this would put me in good sted and was especially happy when Cardiff told me I had to do the ukcat instead of the gamsat as I was applying for the preliminary year course and so didn't have the science background. However now I wonder whether I am wasting my time due to my GCSEs grades. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.79%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.58%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (32)
21.19%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.27%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise