Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys
    I'm going into year 13 doing English language, Biology and Chemistry.
    My predicted grades will most likely be
    English - a*/a
    Biology - a/b
    Chemistry - b
    ( I've also got an A in AS Geography)

Obviously these aren't high enough for medicine and that is the only thing I want to do, so I've been looking into med with foundation years and I do fit the general requirements of having a low house hold income, deprived secondary school, first generation of my family to go into higher education and also had medical problems this year. I know I can achieve A*AA next year but my predicted grades won't be that high.

Will I be able to apply for medicine with the foundation if I get AB B predicted grades, and then if I achieve the standard AAA, not have to do the foundation year? I have relevant work experience so personal statent will be good , ok GCSEs (2a*7a1b) and am sitting ukcat in a couple of weeks but hopefully that goes well.

Never looked into the foundation year before but seems perfect for me, unless I'm missing something.

How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.