Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to study PPE at oxford next year and would just like some feed back on my chances of getting in.

GCSE's:
    Physics A*
    Maths A
    Chemistry A
    English language A
    English literature B
    Biology B
    Geography B

-I moved school during this year which somewhat disrupted my education and i will include this on my PS

Im currently studying; maths, physics and economics

AS's :

Maths A (245 UMS)

Im sitting the whole of econ and physics next year and im pretty i will achieve AAA (entry requirements) at the least.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I won't lie, your GCSE's are quite significantly below what you'd expect of an Oxford PPE applicant; most will be applying with at least 10 A/A* grades.

Well done on your A in AS maths, thats a good start. But, also bear in mind that many other applicants will be applying with 4+ A levels and an EPQ.

Definitely still apply, but you'll need a strong personal statement and an excellent result in the TSA.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Lots of good TSR advice about PPE at Oxford here - read it ALL.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/PPE_at_Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xz11)
    I'm hoping to study PPE at oxford next year and would just like some feed back on my chances of getting in.

GCSE's:
    Physics A*
    Maths A
    Chemistry A
    English language A
    English literature B
    Biology B
    Geography B

-I moved school during this year which somewhat disrupted my education and i will include this on my PS

Im currently studying; maths, physics and economics

AS's :

Maths A (245 UMS)

Im sitting the whole of econ and physics next year and im pretty i will achieve AAA (entry requirements) at the least.

Thanks
    How did the application go?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.