Turn on thread page Beta

Worst city? by; watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What could claim a city to be the wrost? what needss to be in a city to have it considered bad?

murder? random, ignorant, sinseless murder? rascism? intolerence? librals?

ReputationRep:
    I live in sunderland, and its okay although i would class it as a 'bad' city, although it has been improved slightly

Mainly because of the large amount of 'rough' areas, and the huge chav population. Everywhere you go you will find chavs, which means it can be quite scary walking through certain areas, and if you wanted to find trouble you wouldnt have to look far!
    Its also not a very nice city to look at either, even though its being improved.
    and its also quite boring, there isnt alot of things to do!

I just cant wait until i finish college and can move away....Sheffield here i come!

ReputationRep:
    Luton I think only been once and that was one time to many its just ugly.

Anywhere with hippy's and a vegetarian majority.

ReputationRep:
    Derby , Leicester , Bradford

But i feel i'm repeating myself, as this thread has been done numerous times.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, those damn liberals ruin everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thereal da_nolo)
    What could claim a city to be the wrost? what needss to be in a city to have it considered bad?

murder? random, ignorant, sinseless murder? rascism? intolerence? librals?
    I would go less on the people living there than the actual city, cos you get ***** everywhere. So my defintion of a bad city would be ugly buildings, a lack of things to do/see, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil Miss Luce)
    It's not that bad! Have you been and actually spent time there?

ReputationRep:
    Paris.

ReputationRep:
    High crime rates (this usually goes hand in hand with chavs etc)

Run down.

The most north I have been (being a southerner myself) was Stoek on Trent. That was when we went to Alton Towers and went to SToke town centre during the night (i think tis got another name or something ) - bloody hell - what a craphole - so run down and everywhere we went was liek a big industrial estate - including the superbowl we went to, lol)

the actual town shopping area was a hole as well.

What really surprised me was how different it all felt even tho it was like 200 or so miles from where i live, it actually felt like another country, lol

ReputationRep:
    'ull.

ReputationRep:
    Quite why everyone is mentioning British cities is beyond me...

Al-Fashir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil Miss Luce)
    luton's a town

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Quite why everyone is mentioning British cities is beyond me...

Al-Fashir.
    cos we've not been abroad . . .well i havent

ReputationRep:
    Swindon is pretty dire, my boss who is from Cornwall defined it as 'uninspiring' which I think is a pretty good word to describe it. There are nice little pockets, as with all places I suppose. The town centre is going through a redevelopment at the moment so there are just loads of huge spaces surrounded by white walls where the old police station/post office was. Plus we have too many roundabouts which can't be nice for visitors.

Luton, Walsall and Slough are all eye sores. These are all towns though if I had to go with a city, it would have to be Hull. As I said earlier, uninspiring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ)
    Derby , Leicester , Bradford

But i feel i'm repeating myself, as this thread has been done numerous times.
    agh *******! my bad.....I was wondering because of that UK thread statting similar stuff (i guess) and usualy you here, "oh I'm glad im not in the middle east!" and what not because of bombings and no one knowing anythng....so I posted this to see what people would say. simply because theres a death or some type of crime in this town I know of every day. its in the US and has been top dog for crime for years...over LA and NY! just some time ago, I read an article on the web saying that some nut ran around with a knife in a mall because he lost playing a video game...and thats just stupid! But I kind of get it now...thanks peopeles!!!!11!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    High crime rates (this usually goes hand in hand with chavs etc)

Run down.

The most north I have been (being a southerner myself) was Stoek on Trent. That was when we went to Alton Towers and went to SToke town centre during the night (i think tis got another name or something ) - bloody hell - what a craphole - so run down and everywhere we went was liek a big industrial estate - including the superbowl we went to, lol)

the actual town shopping area was a hole as well.

What really surprised me was how different it all felt even tho it was like 200 or so miles from where i live, it actually felt like another country, lol
    I would also nominate Stoke on Trent, anyone who's ever been on a canal boat will know why. The locals fish for boats by floating plastic bottles attached to ropes into the canal, these then get caught up in the propeller immobilising the boat allowing the local youths to pelt said boat with stones.

ReputationRep:
    Well if we're talking about foreign cities, Lashkar Gah is probably the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Ermmm i nominate Sunderland. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone have been in Guangzhou China?
    I take it as the worst city I ever been.
    small room but large population
    developes city but so many crimes
    high temperature in summer drive me crazy
    I hate it

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.